Hair styles

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by txskimo, Aug 21, 2015.

1. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

I never thought about this until night, but do you ever consider what other people will think when cutting your hair? I did something completely different tonight and so far I'm the only person who likes it. I kind of think it actually makes me like it that much more which is a weird thing for me to say. My hair was a bit short for the style I was shooting for but it'll grow. Would anybody let other people's opinions affect personal choices like this? Before tonight I probably would have just buzz cut it after the feedback but it's staying lol

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I think we need pix.

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

My hair style (head) is created by yours truly and resembles the style of well known actors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So my style says "Who loves ya' baby!"

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  4. richgem

As to your question... people's opinion play a small part, but ultimately, I have to be happy with my haircut/style. But, I don't do anything wild or drastic, so a neg reaction is less likely, I guess.

Slow Joe and txskimo like this.
  5. richgem

@GDCarrington ... Goodness Gary, that's a heck of a lot of bling! You might want to tone it down for this crowd... or buy us all some really nice sunglasses, at least. (hint hint).

wristwatchb, txskimo and GDCarrington like this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Yul always cast a stunning look didn't he!

I don't think you want to mention it to his robot though ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    txskimo likes this.
  7. richgem

stunning / dazling / blinding... whatevs.

txskimo and GDCarrington like this.
  8. txskimo

I love shaving my head but my wife doesn't like it to much. I was first interested in the style I chose after seeing Brad Pitt in Fury, but my hair wasn't long enough to comb back so it's a bit different. [​IMG]

9. richgem

Hmmm... I'd probably buy a used car from you. ;) :D

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Fury cut, but that's just me. If you can pull it off, go for it. As for your pic, imho, you need a little height/volume on top rather than slicking it down. But, again, that's just me.

10. txskimo

I'll play around with it. I think it'll look better the longer it gets. Lol like I said I'm probably the only person who like it and for some reason it makes me like it more.

11. richgem

The important part is/will be that you like it.

Back to the fury cut... imho, it looks better with something on the sides. To me, with the sides as short as Pit wears it, it looks too much like a hair hat on a bald head.

Weeper Warrior and txskimo like this.
  12. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

In my case I have discovered that it does no good to put Brad Pitt's haircut on a man built more like John Goodman.

Omaney, txskimo and GDCarrington like this.
  13. txskimo

The Big Lebowski look is a good one

cmorris357 likes this.
  14. richgem

:rofl:

15. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I still like the pencil-thin moustache idea somebody had a while back
    lose the soul patch, thin the moustache and eye brows and see what you think
    726d942bcf1653f2c53c2f108e1351f1.jpg

PLANofMAN and txskimo like this.
  16. txskimo

I'm not sure how I feel about thinning the eyebrows down. I mean if I really decide I don't like my hair I can just shave it off.....I can't do that with my eyebrows lol.

John Beeman likes this.
  17. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Same here

txskimo likes this.
  18. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I actually only have one eyebrow that goes all the way across. I've been shaving the middle section for years and it just keeps growing back.
    ...then as I got older I noticed hair sprouting off my ears and the end of my nose so now those get a swipe of the razor at least once a week.

Although I have noticed sometimes when women pluck their eyebrows too aggressively for too many years it seems they quit growing back so maybe there's hope for my ear hair if I pluck it instead of just shaving it.

GDCarrington, txskimo and PLANofMAN like this.
  19. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I agree that when it grows out a little bit you should slick it back. I recently started slicking my hair back and all my friends were saying "whats up with the hair" and "why are you all dressed up?" because for years I shaved my head on a no.1, but that got old and it is nice to switch it up every now and again.

My best advice is to do whatever makes you happy. screw what other people think. Its your hairstyle and there will be critics no matter what you choose. As long as you like it (and maybe a significant other) that's all that matters.

Slow Joe, txskimo and GDCarrington like this.