Hair Tonic

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by capsfanx, Mar 21, 2018.

1. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this. Looking to see if anyone knows of any Artisan Hair Tonics. I have been using Jeris with oil for the past 10 months or so. It does pretty good for me. Just trying to see what else might be out there.

Thanks
    Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keithmax and Paul Turner like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Clubman has a nice one. (clubman.com).For me, it was ok, but I'm glad I switched to gels. But just for kicks, I always wondered what good ol' Vitalis would be like for my now thinner head of hair.

3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I am curious too, I use lucky tiger. I have not heard of any artisan hair tonic’s, hopefully this thread will bring us some suggestions.

Paul Turner likes this.
  4. capsfanx

I keep my hair very short, a #1 guard. I use the Tonic mainly for my scalp. I have had issues with dry scalp as long as I can remember. Not at all since I started using the Jeris

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. capsfanx

Keithmax likes this.
  6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Interesting, good find. I wish they offered an unscented version.

capsfanx likes this.
  7. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

There are a variety of hair tonics on Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Paul Turner

If you're still here.....what a frustrating series it's been for the Caps, in these "Asterisk 2020 Stanley Cup Playooffs", eh?

9. capsfanx

Yeah definitely frustrating!! Don’t see them coming back from being down 3. We will see, I am trying to have hope!

10. Paul Turner

I just hope Backstrom will be OK, now that he has the 5-year contract. Unless a miracle does happen, at least he'll be able to rest through the "summer" and presumably be set for the next season. As for hair tonic, I doubt I'll need that anymore....my hair GEL may not be of much use either, as I tend to go for the short-style haircut, even with my hair not growing much these days(well, it DID grow a lot during the pandemic....I was due for a cut right as they closed down barbershops.)

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

At my current rate of loss, in about 2 years I'll be using my Vitalis as a light lube oil for hinges and such. Hair used to be so thick, too.

Were we really that young once?

PLANofMAN and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  12. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Just cause it's thin is no reason to stop using it...
    [​IMG]
    It just boils down to whether you have the panache to pull it off. I don't. :)

Droo78 likes this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

He was wearing a rug, and mine is getting thinner than that. I'd look like Shemp with a receding hairline.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

what does trump use?

15. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

If you ever visit the Philippines you can pick up some Million Dollar Hair Tonic. I enjoy it when I am with the family. You can make your own by getting a bottle of Ethyl Alcohol, Argan Oil, Olive Oil, (insert more oil types), menthol crystals, vegetable glycerine, and fragrance oil of your choice. Made some myself smelling of peppermint. Love it.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.