Hanging Shaving Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Douglas Carey, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I would like to know the different methods people use to hang their shaving brushes for storage? I saw some here that hung from a board.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I do not hang mine I stand them on end. I used to use a plastic stand and it broke on my other computer, I think I have a picture I will post later today.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks Patrick.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I don't hang my brushes, but when I do, I use the VDH brush/razor holder. It is made of heavy plastic and is very substantial.

holder.jpg

5. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

I don't hang mine and there really is no need to do so. They dry just as quickly and you don't need anything except a flat surface! :)

6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks Jim, I'm arranging my Den inside a standing wooden cabinet in the bathroom. I am going to put in a shelf to hang my razors and stand up my shaving soap and mugs. I was going to hang my brushes on the walls (I have a few):rolleyes: of the cabinet as there isn't much room. I took some thing out so you can have some idea of what I am speaking about. It's 22 inches wide x 16 inches high, 10.5 inch deep. I just like the look of my brushes hanging.

DougsDenagain.jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Looks great.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have one like Doug's, the chrome one to the right of the Feather blades.
    Just the one. I stand my other 17 brushes on their handle.

9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Perhaps I could get by with the three stands and stand the remainder of my brushes on their handles. Food for thought.:think002:

Funny story: I bought some Broom Clips to hang my brushes from, went to Starbucks to get a coffee. When I go back my wife thanked me for by that product, as she had installed them in the basement and hung a mop and a broom for them. I said your welcome honey.:happy097:

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I made this rack at my last home. It worked well for brushes or razors.
    brushrack2a.jpg

RaZorBurn123, Spyder, Boojum1 and 2 others like this.
  11. idvsego

idvsego Well-Known Member

I used this one and it worked very well...until it didnt. The seem at the bottom just gave out one day and split. Now i use a little one that came with a boar brush I bought a while back. I read some time ago that it isnt good for the knot to dry it bristles up but that seems to be an opinion that is debated. I am a newbie so I fall for everything.

@Jayaruh what is the middle brush there with the chromed handle? and is the handle plastic or metal?

12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    @Jayaruh what is the middle brush there with the chromed handle? and is the handle plastic or metal?

That is a chrome handled badger brush. The handle was metal, not sure what kind. It was heavy. I gave it to my son. I just didn't like the heft... I bought it in 2012 on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0084OJR3U/?tag=thshde-20

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    idvsego likes this.
  13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I wasn't able to hang the two chubbys because of their knot size and the limited space, so I use the hang and stand techniques.

IMG_3939.jpg

14. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

I made this board to hang mine on mainly as a way to save space on the shelves. Secondly, as a display. It doesn't help them dry any faster.

20150224_141412.jpg

15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Where did you get the metal brackets?

16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I like this method. Where did you find the brackets? Displays them nicely.:happy088::happy088:

It seems those brackets will take a variety of different sizes.

17. idvsego

idvsego Well-Known Member

yeah, inquiring minds want to know about those brackets. Dont make me waste all night wandering every aisle of Home Depot.

and @Primotenore , how about htose white on white tubs?

18. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just the stand it came with.

19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Looks like it does the job!!! Thanks.

Spud likes this.
  20. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

http://www.toolclip.com/tool-clips/stainless-steel-tool-clips

Size 10-S

His site says that he ships UPS. But, if you ask him when you place the order he will save you money and ship USPS.

Spud and Douglas Carey like this.