Has anyone tried a DE razor from ClassicShaving.com?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Donato, May 11, 2010.

1. Donato

Donato Member

2. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Those are Parker razors.. Check the review-section..

Ill say they are decent razors but with some quality issues.. Ill go with a Merkur or a Edwin Jagger/Muhle instead.. Better build and all in all nicer razors for not that many extra dollars..

3. StephenDE

StephenDE New Member

I use "the favorite" b/c its what I could afford and I didn't know much about razors at the time. Still don't know a whole lot!

I will say: it works well for me. It has good weight and the mechanicals work well. I've had this razor about 6 months. I can't seem to find any weak point in it. Holds the blade well and shaves me close in 2 passes. Plus, as a newer DE shaver its not hard to control or hold onto.

Hope this helps.

4. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

+1.
    I tried one of the "new head" Parkers (82r) and was disappointed. Like Dragon mentioned, you can get an EJ 8x or a Merkur for just a couple of bucks more.

Or if you want a quality TTO, a vintage Gillette can be had for under $20.

5. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Parker razors have a history of quality control problems BUT classicshaving is a stand up vendor. If you have a problem with a razor they'll replace, refund, etc...

So it's safe to buy from them. a properly functioning Parker is a good razor.

6. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

They are Parker razors. You might get lucky, and get one free of problems. You might also get one of the many that are P.O.S. as well.

I can think of no good reason why a new wet shaver would want to take that gamble, when products that don't suffer from quality control problems (like the exceptional Muhle, and Edwin Jagger razors) cost only a few dollars more.

7. Donato

Donato Member

Thanks everyone. I did not know they were Parker razors. They ought to just state that on their website. I would not risk buying one since, as you have said, Merkurs, Muhle and EJ are available, or even a vintage Gillette for just a little more.

8. shavejunkie

shavejunkie New Member

You just can't hardly go wrong with a merkur comb. CHEAPER than that one I believe at WestCoastShaving.com.