Has anyone used a PC Woodcraft brush?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Gelf Lover, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

I was looking around as saw his brushes. They are quite nice looking but I was wondering about their performance. Also it looks like the knots in some of his brushes are attached more shallow then most brushes, will that cause any problems?

Here is a link to one of his sites if you haven't seen them.

2. Fairway Ray

Fairway Ray New Member

Nice find! I should order one now before the stampede. They look fine to me.

3. Austin

Austin Member

Several gents at B&B have these brushes. They seem content with them.

4. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

I sent him an email. Very nice fellow, although I haven't met anyone who was a vendor to the wet shaving community that was not. I really like his design I'm just stuck at what size of knot I would like. He's knot selection is not very big. 20 & 24 for best and 24 & 28 for silver tip. Right now I'm using a Tweezerman and I think that it is a 20 pure. It would be one heck of a change to jump up to a 28, I would think.

5. Austin

Austin Member

The jump from 20mm to 28mm is indeed a huge jump. That would be a rather large brush than what you are used to. I started out with a 28mm but found it too big for my hands and not too practical for soaps.

6. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

I mainly use creams, but 28 mm seems a bit big for me. 24 might still be a nice size jump but more workable.

7. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I haven't used a 28, but I have used 24, 22, and 20. The 24 is very nice, but still a tad large for my tastes - plus, I keep a beard much of the year, and goatee the rest, so the 22 is plenty large for me, and does great with soaps and creams
    if that helps any

8. Austin

Austin Member

I also use 22mm for creams.

9. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

Makes the VDH badger brush sound like a better deal then. Just not as pretty.