Has it all been a lie... MWF review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by LevelupShaves, Oct 10, 2018.

1. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I will admit that it does take me a little longer to get that great lather with MWF. It doesn't just explode like Haslinger does. But in another thread in another forum we were talking about the similarities and differences between MWF and Haslinger Scafmilch, and I wondered out loud what would happen if the two were ground down and combined into one. And someone said "Why don't you go do that and let us know the results." So I did that. And I was really impressed with the result. Much better everything than either one alone. Ease of making lather, protection, slickness, cushion, residual face feel and last but not least scent. The newly created scent was really much nicer than either alone. And that caused others to do the same. The results from mostly everyone else concurred. And we named it. The Fat 'As. And it has a label, which I can't show you because it seems my photo files are always too large to post here. I can post them to other forums but not here for some reason. And I'm not smart enough to change the file size so it can be downloaded here. Oh well.

Frijolero, AlDm, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  2. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Or possibly due to the market of where is ones wet shaving evolution they come across these soaps. MWF is widely sold on Amazon, a common market place that people that may be new to wet shaving may pick up a first Safety Razor, and of course see the Amazon suggestion for MWF. At this point in their wet shaving they have very little to NO technique with soaps..,. Then they come on the forum or Reddit, etc., complain, and are recommended to a plethora of other soaps/croaps/creams... By then their technique/expectation has evolved.... Same goes for Williams or VDH that is still sold in stores...

brit, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  3. Lord Gillette

Lord Gillette Active Member

Good point. :)

4. RyX

RyX DoH!

@MntnMan62 - text the photo to yourself. That will reduce the file size. TSD upload limit is 1mb.

Tapatalk via LG

5. MntnMan62

I've done that and I still get the same message.

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I use a cut rate (Boost) service provider. Could be mine is saving bandwidth by resizing/reducing file size. There are free photo manipulation apps that do the same, and that adds steps to the process just like off site photo hosting. Another alternative with associated steps - Tapatalk. That program will resize photos, but it has down sides like in-app ads.

Frijolero likes this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Apple or Android?

8. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

Not at all it's a nice cushiony lather that lasts through 3 passes
    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Love the Fat. It is just as good as Williams. Love them both.

10. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I am like you. I heard all about how tough MWF was to lather, then ended up with a Kent branded puck of it with a wooden bowl and brush set I wanted. I decided to try it anyway since I had it -- and have been trying to figure out what all the talk of problems was about ever since. It's great soap and no harder to lather than any other soap out there...

11. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Yes, The Fat is a great soap. Not difficult to lather at all. The lather, to me, does look a bit airy and foamy compared to some other soaps when it's straight off the puck, but it works out into beautiful lather once face lathered.

:signs011:

12. MntnMan62

Apple

13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Ok, follow my lead.
    Open the picture in "preview" (Simply double-click the picture)
    Go to "Tools" Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 21.22.51.png Click and go to Adjust Size.
    Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 21.24.01.png
    You now can reduce the size of the picture until is is 1mb or lower.
    Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 21.24.51.png
    Now you can post it without a problem.
    Hope this helps.
    PM me if you're still having issues.

14. brit

brit in a box

most of the soaps lather much better for me now than the did when i first started with them,including williams..

Linuxguile likes this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

never tried mwf so far, maybe a future purchase..

Yehuda D and Linuxguile like this.
  16. Lord Gillette

Lord Gillette Active Member

Does the Kent smell the same or different from the fat?

Yehuda D likes this.
  17. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

For me MWF lathers up just as easy as any artisan soap, and I've lathered it in both hard and soft water. It's the same 8 year old refill puck too.

Clayton

LevelupShaves likes this.
  18. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

From what I've read it's the same soap just different packaging.

Clayton

19. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I have never owned a puck of MWF branded MWF, so I can't compare the two directly. However, like Clayton, everything I have ever read about it says that Kent simply sticks standard MWF pucks in its own paper wrappers. I no longer have the wrapper, but my recollection is that the ingredient lists were absolutely identical.

PLAla and BigMark83 like this.
  20. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I have read similar statements before.