Haslinger burns my face?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by mousecop, Dec 13, 2018.

1. mousecop

mousecop Active Member

Hey guys,

I posted this over in B&B as well just wanted as many opinions as possible. I just tried out Haslinger for the first time today, the one with sheep's milk and lanolin. I loaded it on to my brush and the lather just exploded, super slick and cushion-y. But when I started to face lather I had a slight burning sensation on my face. This is the first time I've ever experienced this. I know people say lanolin can cause reactions in some people, but I have other soaps with lanolin in them that do not bother me at all. Has anyone else had this experience? I'm going to give it a few more tries before I give up on it because the performance itself was exceptional and I would be sad if I could not use it.

Thanks,

Mike

Frijolero likes this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Haslinger Coconut lit my face up. I don't think it's the lanolin either.

Frijolero likes this.
  3. mousecop

mousecop Active Member

maybe it's the fragrance as others have suggested to me.

Frijolero likes this.
  4. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Yeah, the coconut doesn't have lanolin, so that's that.

5. mousecop

mousecop Active Member

Might try the honey scent. I've heard others have had issues with the sheep's milk soap but not the honey one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Fragrance is the usual suspect. I always thought that Haslinger was relatively lightly scented. Sheep's milk especially so. But looking at the ingredients, parfum is actually listed before sheep's milk. And before lanolin.

7. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

It is most likely the fragrance oil or the dye. But Haslinger also uses peanut oil in some of their soaps, if you have a peanut allergy, that might make you sensitive to their soaps.

8. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

I have a very sensitive fave and can confirm the honey one does give me a little tingle. Not enough to stop me using it though.

9. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

I have had reactions to several soaps, but not Haslinger. The only Haslinger soap I've used is Schafmilch & find it to be a very good soap. I love the post shave face feel.

10. nav

nav Well-Known Member

Honey is the only one that irritated my face, the rest didn't so i have all but honey.

11. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I have reactions to soaps before. But I have only tried 1 Hasslinger soap. It's the honey and I haven't had any reactions to it at all.