Havana by Aramis

Discussion in 'Cologne Reviews' started by southernscribbler, Apr 29, 2011.

1. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

I've read a ton of reviews on this fragrance, most of them positive. I can agree, that to me, it's a definite masculine scent, which is what I search for in all of my colognes. I really don't like the Mall scents, mostly the popular ones because the majority of them smell so much alike and borderline unisex fragrances. I'm not a young buck anymore, but still a Buck!

Now, I won't even attempt to list all of the different scents involved as far as top, middle, and base notes. I will give you what I can detect, the ones that stand out to me.

Definitely a peppery scent with tobacco and some mixed citrusy fragrances. They are all well blended in the final dry down and mingle very nicely. This is a typical Aramis product with the hint of powder after it has dried down.

The scent noticeably lasts on me, about 6-8 hours, with hints of it beyond that all the way up until the following morning, so the longevity is good.

I picked this up in the forty dollar range for a 3.4 oz glass bottle, which was a sale price and free shipping, so just look around. The atomizer sprays just the right amount and comes out in an even mist. I use 2 sprays on either side of the neck and one on the chest. Probably over doing it, but it's what I think I need.

Best part, the wife likes this scent over some of my other long standing colognes. Yea for me! I would recommend trying this cologne for the summer time, even though I'm sure it would work well in cooler temps as well.

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Lovely, lovely stuff, but not cheap

I agree with Dan--Havana is very nice. My wife is really picky about the fragrances I wear, but she tells me Havana suits me very well. It is a very difficult fragrance for me to describe scent-wise, but it seems to be spicy, yet sporty. It also lasts longer than long enough on me, and I don't use more than 2 sprays in total--1 on each side of my neck. I have one complaint about it--the price. It's way too expensive here in Montreal, around 90,00$ CDN, and it's also very difficult to find. Otherwise, I love it. :)