Have You Ever Tried a Barber Shave?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Willk, Nov 7, 2019.

1. CastleShave

CastleShave Well-Known Member

I use to go once every other week. I stopped, the expierence was better compared to my schick Quattro but nothing compared to what I can do now myself.
    I’m not bragging as I’m sure many straight users would say the same thing. I just can’t be shaved in one pass, the only way it’s possible is if the barber is actually a magician and pulls it off or I wax it both are very unlikely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kjbarth, Trigger, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  2. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I have not tried a barber shave, yet. I would like to one day but I have to know that the barber holding that razor knows what he's doing with it. I'm not a very trusting individual, which may quite possibly get in the way of my ever having someone shave me with a straight. I have shaved with a straight exactly two times. I want to give it another try but need to be in the right mood and frame of mind.

kjbarth, Trigger, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  3. RezDog

RezDog Well-Known Member

I have had many. Most use a shavette, in some areas because they have to, in others because maintaining a real straight for the same money per shave doesn’t make them any extra. I’ve had shaves from young female barbers at a chain that does the full deal, scalp and face massage, several rounds of hot towels, several passes, it’s a lengthy ordeal. I can get a perfect shave at home, but when I massage my own scalp, shoulders and neck, it’s just not the same. It is nice! I have only had one shave that was subpar, so I think I’m doing well. If you have not had a full service shave, you should do it at least once.

4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I have stopped going to barbers since I shaved my head 10+ years. The exception was to get my beard or goat trimmed. I have been a straight razor and shavette shaver for over a year and honestly my shaves are just as good or better than any professional.