Have you used a whole puck/container

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Justin Linker, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Alot of us folks like experimenting with new product frequently. We mostly buy new stuff before we use anywhere near half of what we bought previously.

Question is... have you guys ever actually finished a whole puck of soap or tube/tub of cream?

I've finished...

5 VDH Deluxe soaps
    1 VDH Select
    1 VDH Glycerin
    2 MWF

Coming close to finishing a tub of Proraso Green and tub of TOBS Sandalwood.

Go.

Tattoobob likes this.
  2. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

1 Col. Conk's Almond
    1 TOBS Lavender
    1 Cella
    2 Provence Sante

3. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

ummmm.....no

John Beeman likes this.
  4. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

I haven't yet but mainly because I am new - the stuff lasts a long time.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Yup: some TSD soaps (which I loved), De Vergulde Hand (yummy), tube of Palmolive, tube of Bond and then some samples. And cans of goo before my TSD days...

Justin Linker likes this.
  6. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

In 2014 I finished off a puck of CADE, a tub of Proraso green, a few Stirling samples. I can't remember before that.

7. Justin Linker

I was actually looking at the De Vergulde Hand soap on eBay. Almost bought a tub but was indecisive...regular or Extra Fris lol.

As far as TSD soap, I'd love to buy a puck but again...indecisive. May try lanolin or sandalwood.

macaronus likes this.
  8. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Negative.

John Beeman and Justin Linker like this.
  9. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I have hoarding tendencies, and limited bathroom space, so my rule is to try to keep no more than 4 or 5 soaps and 1 or 2 creams on hand at any given time. I was converted in June, and since then I have finished up

-VDH Select Glycerine Soap
    -Colonel Conk Amber Soap
    -Colonel Conk Lime Soap
    -Beer Soap Company Bay Rum Soap

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

11. Justin Linker

I have limited space too...which is why I resorted to using the top shelf in my closet :p

And glycerin soaps tend to bite the brush alot more than tallow based soaps, thus why one uses up glycerin soaps so quickly.

gwsmallwood likes this.
  12. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I just finished up three more in the past seven days: Maggard Limes & Bergamot, LASS Woody Lavender, Cold River Soap Works Bergamot & BAY.

Porter and Justin Linker like this.
  13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Yes. I have finished a number of products.

I use one soap or cream from start to finish and do not open another before it is done. Soap lasts a long time...

14. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

:signs011:

15. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I try to do this Dale but take a break and try a different product and then that break will run a month or maybe a year. I come back and finish them all off at some point though.

Except Williams. I've only ever finished a puck of Williams (new formula) when I made VanDerWilliams. I can't really make it work with 5 different water sources.

The the OP, I've finished off many different things completely. I did go a little overboard on soaps for a while and now I'm using what I've accumulated and finishing more individual products. I did just buy a replacement Tabac puck but only because I like it so much but I'm planning on completely finishing off a few other partial products before I tap into that one again.

HoosierTrooper and Justin Linker like this.
  16. Justin Linker

I honestly wish I could do that. Last year I actually planned out my whole year and used only one soap a month to try to knock my back stock down. Kinda successful but I always am buying new stuff.

17. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

:signs011:
    I dont actually have a list, but I've plowed my way through a number of pucks.
    I do have two MdC pucks that I've used for dozens of shaves, yet they still look near new. I may never finish them. :D

battle.munky, ARGH and PanChango like this.
  18. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Styptic pencils. Oh yes
    ToB creams. Check
    Aftershaves. Yes
    Soap picks. Maybe 3 or 4. If have given up on quite a few more and used them as handsoaps since the were so bad a shave lather

This year I will not buy any soaps or aftershaves until two have been finished. I am out of space in the bath and the closet is getting tight as well

Great post

19. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I understand that Bob. This isn't a hard and fast rule, but I try to be good. Every so often I will want a change or be late for work so I will use a cream. My last puck lasted me just over 90 shaves and I had a few days where I needed a change.

battle.munky and Justin Linker like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Finished TOBS Sandalwood cream
    Puck and sample of Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood

My goal this year is to use of some of the soap I have on hand. The 30 days in January is really making a huge dent in my tub of Soap Commander.