Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Voskhod blades full case group buy is a go!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

My distributor has informed me he has 9 cases of Voskhod blades left, hence why this case group buy is coming sooner than expected...

Due to weight versus shipping options, this is only open to CONUS addresses only.

1 master case = 40 cards of blades = 4,000 blades.

Case cost: $225.00
    +Shipping to your door (approximate): $15.00
    +Built-in TSD donation: $5.00
    +Bank-charged payment transfer fees (my bank charges me $18 to send the money to my distributor and my distributor's bank charges them $15 to receive it. That's $33 total divided by 9 cases): $3.66
    +PayPal fee (approximate): $7.55
    =Total: $256.21 or 6 cents per blade

6 cents per blade!! You won't find them this cheap anywhere else!

So if you're in for a case or cases, send me a PM for my PayPal email address.

voskhod-de-razor-blades.jpg
    36,000 blades. Ready? Set? Go! :git:

hdflame likes this.
  2. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

I would love to do this - but the wife would :angry019: and then :angry021:and then do this :bounce015: on my :sick002:!!!

IAmTheJody and SharpSpine like this.
  3. SOS

SOS Member

I'm thinking about it, I only need 1000. People might want to work out a deal with fellow wet shavers in their geographical area.

4. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Too funny. Maybe even funnier as I'd have something very similar happen at my house too.

Excellent price for the blades though, I'm sure there will be plenty of people that jump on this.

5. IAmTheJody

That's definitely something members can do. Split a case even at 2,000 blades or go 4 ways on a case.. meet up somewhere and have a Voskhod night out at a local Russian restaurant if you have one or at least somewhere that has vodka.. all kinds of scenarios.

So far, no one has bought in. Just might be bad timing with the way the economy is... but I wanted to at least offer. The previous group buy put the blades at 10 cents each which is still awesome but this case buy here makes them 6 cents each so it warrants attention anyway. :)

6. Nairb

Nairb Active Member

Could you get me up to speed? I never used them. I assume they are Russian. How do they compare to a Gillette Yellow?

SS? Tell me what you can.

7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

...no Jeff.

Just say no Jeff...

Ack!

8. IAmTheJody

:lyrtuy5: :happy097:

9. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

All I can say about them is that they are my favorite. They have beaten every blade I have put against them in my Gillette New. Nothing compares... This is perfect for my face... yours however is probably different :). I would give them a try before a whole case :). Unless you ship them to me.

10. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

Jody, I'm still trying to figure out this new fangdangled forum setup here. I can't see where to send you a PM, but I'm in on the case buy! THANKS! :bounce015:

BTW, anyone living close to me in NC, I'll be glad to split mine up after I figure out what my lifetime supply is!;)

11. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Click on his avatar, in the Rolodex card that pops up, click on "Start a conversation".

12. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

Thanks, I finally figured it out. I haven't posted a lot since the BIG changes! But so far I think I like it.

13. ShakerD

ShakerD New Member

I would like a case. What would the time line be like?

14. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

Where are you in NC?

Issy

15. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

Issy,

If that was intended for me, I'm in Sanford. Are you in NC?

16. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

ooh, too rich for me fellas. I fold.

17. IAmTheJody

Sorry I haven't updated this in a bit.. but I'm calling it closed with not enough interest for whole cases. Maybe in the future we can do another individual-cards buy on them. :)

18. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

Yes but not close to Sanford

Issy

19. very attractive price, lucky those who can 'buy ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.