Heart Warming Alaska Fishing Trip

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by dougr, Feb 26, 2014.

1. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

alaska1.jpg alaska2.jpg This great story was sent by family members and truly warms the heart. Hopefully it will post better on this try as it would be great for everyone to enjoy the story as I did. Doug

The Best Day Of Fishing Ever! Some fishing stories are a little hard to believe but this guy has pictures to prove his story . . . I've heard of salmon jumping into boats, but never anything quite like this . . .
    Tom Satre told the Sitka Gazette that he was out with a charter group on his 62-foot fishing vessel when four juvenile black-tailed deer swam directly toward his boat
    This is a picture I took of the rescued bucks on the back of my boat, the Alaska Quest. We headed for Taku Harbour. Once we reached the dock, the first buck that we had pulled from the water hopped onto the dock, looked back as if to say 'thank you' and disappeared into the forest. After a bit of prodding and assistance, two more followed, but the smallest deer needed a little more help.
    alaska1.jpg ] alaska2.jpg

2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Marvellous!
    thankee.jpg

Intrigued and dougr like this.
  3. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

A nice feel good story. Thanks for sharing.

macaronus likes this.
  5. Intrigued

Intrigued Active Member

Yes, thanks for sharing! :love055:

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Aw, that fisherman was a deer friend!

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

He decided to buck the norm.

8. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

A little more information surfaced about this story. It was two or three years ago and the captain fashioned a lasso from the on-board lines to throw it over the deer's head and help them aboard. The Alaska Natural Resources folks guessed that wolves probably forced the young deer to jump into the water because they were cornered.