Hello and thanks

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by SRQShaver, Sep 19, 2021.

1. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

Hello all and thanks for hosting such a helpful community. I’ve just recently joined and have had some excellent interactions. I’m enjoying reading all the information you’ve all shared and just thought I’d say hello.

I was a cartridge shaver for most of my life, mixed with some occasional attempts at using an electric razor. I generally regarded shaving as an unfortunate chore and never found it the slightest bit interesting. Every now and then I would find a slightly better product that made it easier but that’s the extent of it.

I’m not sure how I found wet shaving but tried it and failed about eight years ago. I can remember watching both of my grandfathers using DE and SE razors as a child but had completely forgotten. Now I’m using razors that they would have likely used which provides a happy connection to my past.

I picked back up a few months ago and am really enjoying the hardware and history. I’ve bought a few razors, a decent mix of blades to test, a good brush and a few soaps. I’ve been practicing and am starting to get the hang of things. It’s surprising how different each razor and then each blade can be. I suppose that lends a compelling depth that has me intrigued.

Well, so much for short and sweet. See you around!

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

[​IMG]
    ...to The Shave Den family! :git:

SRQShaver likes this.
  3. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome! Like a golf club, let the razor do the work. No pressure, find the right angle, long slow stroke with the grain (WTG).
    Much like you, I enjoy turning a chore into a pampering experience filled with nostalgia...

SRQShaver likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome.:)

SRQShaver likes this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Eric, welcome to The Shave Den! I'm glad you're here!

SRQShaver likes this.
  6. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Welcome. Great to have you join us. Glad you are enjoying the history of these razors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SRQShaver likes this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

SRQShaver likes this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    SRQShaver likes this.
  9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©