Hello, everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Mr. Igg, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Yet another newbie joining up.

Some of you I've seen around; I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of you.

I've migrated into DE shaving over probably most of 2007. I started when someone (Merlin Mann, for the curious) suggested, "Try using a brush--any brush--to apply the canned goo." OK. Seemed pretty low-risk, and with the brush I found, it was a very cheap risk. Next up, Target's now (in)famous flirtation with Proraso. New brush? Check--an Omega boar, which I still have, and which beat the Wal-mart special all to pieces. Lots of Proraso cream and soap? Check (especially when Target closed Proraso out). I had the pleasure of chatting with Leisureguy recently, and that trigged that I must've seen his blog at some point, because I found it again and it seemed very familiar (and very helpful). Then I found the boards, including this one, and I'm happy ever after. More brushes? Check, though I'm fighting a valiant, if ultimately vain, battle to keep my acquisition disorder in check. More soaps? Yup. More creams. Even need to ask? :rofl

It's great to be here!

--Bryan

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Welcome!

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den (again), Bryan!

More soaps, more creams, you say?

Ok, here ya go! :D

4. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Welcome to The Shave Den, Bryan!

5. Hiya Bryan,
    I'm one of the guys who's helping you lose your AD fight against new brushes. Yep, you picked up that EJ in 'best' from me recently, and was sent out Tuesday. You should be receiving it any day now.
    I'm glad you found your way here, and think you'll find this place has it's own 'feel' to it. Every shaving forum has it's own vibes, and I believe you'll get a kick outta this place.
    Welcome, and enjoy the ride.
    Martin

6. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

What razor are you using? Are you using any sort of pre or post shaves? Any troubles to ask about?

7. Will

Will Nevermind

Welcome Aboard! :cool:

8. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......this is witness protection......

Welcome Bryan, if that is your name..

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

And its great to have you, Bryan :happy088

Welcome to the Shave Den :eatdrink004

Have fun!

10. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

Welcome. If you have a C&E Best Badger on the way, you're going to enjoy the brush even more, I bet. Glad the blog is of interest.

What razor and blade combo do you like these days?

11. Hi Michael,
    Bryan's new brush 'to be' is actually I believe similar (also made by EJ), but not exactly like the C&E brush. This was bought over at www.duluthtradingcompany.com where you can see the 'artist's rendition of it....#32045......heh. There's an actual pic of what I believe to be the same brush over at TESC site, where it's listed as the 'small' size. Unfortunately, I didnt have both brushes here to do a physical comparison.
    It's gotten some nice reviews and I understood it to be an excellent alternative to the older $35 C&E brush. Hopefully, Bryan will notice just a slight difference from the boar he's been using......
    Martin

12. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Yeah, that's how long that battle lasted! :rofl

13. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Whoops. Left that one out: Merkur HD. I'm working my way through sample packs; so far Derby and Israeli are tied, well ahead of the Merkur blades. I use conditioner in the shower, and sometimes Proraso Pre (which seemed to help yesterday, but I need to get more scientific and standardize it's use to see if it ***really*** helps).

So far, my only challenge is razor burn at the bottom of the neck. It seems to be getting better, whether with better blades, better technique, or both, and I've latched on to the Body Shop's new Razor Relief as a near-miraculous fix for what remains.

14. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Oh, dear. <starts to twitch> Must...resist...

15. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

:cool:

It might be...or it might not...I am the wind...

16. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

That's a neat trick... you'll have to spread that wind transformation thing around.. :rofl

17. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Colonel Flagg from MASH was just a classic...

18. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Easily the best character on the show.. and that is saying something!

19. LesterB

LesterB New Member

welcome

20. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Welcome to the Den my friend