Hello from Alaska

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Zzip, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Zzip

Zzip Member

Hello all,

I have been enjoying straight razor shaving for about 2 years. As I already posted in the straight razor section, I guess my draw to it is the challenge. I really like enjoy a victorious and band-aid free shave. My wife hasn’t had to call 911 so far so she supports my addiction and reasoning like why I need to keep trying new creams and soaps! Anyway, I hope to learn more about straight razor shaving, razors themselves, and products that I will convince my wife that I need. Zzip/Danny

2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hello and Welcome!

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to TSD Danny @Zzip! Glad you signed up. This community is built on the sharing of information between members. If you have any question - ask away! This is your own personal thread right here so nothing you say is off topic. Lots of others will be along to offer opinions, advice, even actual information.

Glad you found the SR section. Got a favorite razor, soap, brush, or aftershave? Photos are always welcome.

Linuxguile likes this.
  4. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!

5. Briscoe

Briscoe Well-Known Member

Welcome from Maryland, and to the Dark Side!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Linuxguile likes this.
  6. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Welcome from Alabama the Heart of Dixie!

Linuxguile likes this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Glad to have you, Danny.

zwelcome1a.jpg

9. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Hi! Welcome aboard!

10. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Danny, welcome to The Shave Den!

12. Zzip

Zzip Member

7D997024-74F8-4A05-92FA-69942AA3C6CB.jpeg So here are my tools: A Hart Steel and Dovo razor, Baxter Brush, Jack Black Beard Lube, Stirling Orange Chill Soap and a piece of Rock Climbing Equipment from my favorite sport ( wouldn’t open razors near the Cam, hehe). My go-to honing pro is Glen at Gemstar Customs/gssixgun, he brought my badly nicked Dovo back to life. He had a quick turn around and his service was professional. Hoping to fly down to Portland maybe this summer and buy a razor from the Portland Razor CO. I like that they post videos of their staff actually making the razor’s and also give classes. Always great to close the deal with a handshake on such a purchase. Zzip

brit, AGHisBBS, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you.

Two great razors to start with

14. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

Welcome from the Florida Keys

15. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Welcome from Colorado!

16. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Howdy, from Texas.

17. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Welcome from Alabama! What part of Alaska are you from?

18. Zzip

Zzip Member

Wife and I live in Eagle River Alaska, it’s about 10 miles north of Anchorage. We both retired from the Air Force up here over 16 years ago and stayed. We are 3.5 years from 2nd retirment and are eyeing up Knoxville TN for our next adventure in life. We like everything about Knoxville from the college sports, nearby pro sports, NASCAR, Rock Climbing and of course no income tax. We also want to take trips to nearby states to include Kentucky (bourban and climbing), and even Alabama (nice rock gym there and we heard there might be a good college team there”).

BamaT and AGHisBBS like this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Welcome to TSD @Zzip

20. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I admire anyone that rock climbs. I do not get any higher than pulling corn and no lower than digging taters. :happy088: