Hello from France

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Mattay, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Mattay

Mattay Active Member

Hi everybody,

I’m a French guy who’s about to dive into your world.

I’ve been doing a lot a research online as I plan to buy a shavette and during my research I came across a topic on your forum that I found very interesting, precisely on the subject of shavettes !

I currently hesitate between a Parker SRX and a dovo shavette

I plan to shave completely with it but even if I let my beard grow a little bit it will be useful to keep it clean.

Any of you guys would have any advice as to which shavette I should buy ? Or maybe this isn’t the right topic to ask this question

brit, Tdmsu, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

Mattay likes this.
  3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:signs046:

Mattay likes this.
  4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den! I'm glad you're here with us.

I use a Parker SRX shavette and have been very happy with it. @Trigger would be able to offer useful comments comparing Parker and Dovo shavettes.

Regardless of which shavette you decide to buy, stay with it long enough to develop solid technique and you'll be rewarded with good shaves.

Mattay likes this.
  5. Mattay

Mattay Active Member

Thanks for the welcome everybody !

Alright, First I was more tempted by a dovo shavette but I have to say that now I lean more towards a Parker SRX, because of the fact it’s all stainless so it will last long, and also because of the system that holds the blade in place
    I’m not too sure about the quality of the dovos’ plastic system for holding the blades and I’ve read some bad comments about it.

wristwatchb likes this.
  6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you. I prefer the Parker SRX to the Dovo because I it’s heavier and easier for me to maneuver. If you want a light razor then go for the Dovo.

wristwatchb and Mattay like this.
  7. Mattay

Mattay Active Member

Hi !

Yeah I didn’t mention the weight as well but I imagine with a heavier shavette I would be more stabilized than with a light one, and the dovos are very light

Keithmax and wristwatchb like this.
  8. Mattay

Mattay Active Member

Oh and I know that there will be a learning curve but I’m ready to learn, in the end it’s really worth it.

wristwatchb likes this.
  9. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

Welcome from Washington State

Mattay likes this.
  10. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den!

Mattay likes this.
  11. Mattay

Mattay Active Member

Thx Steve and Tdmsu !

steve207 likes this.
  12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Check out the 30 Day Rule/Focus group. Lots of good folks there are ready to offer help and support. A new thread begins each month, but jump in anytime.

Mattay likes this.
  13. Mattay

Mattay Active Member

Thx ! I’ll check it out

14. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome..:)

Mattay likes this.
  15. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome from Nevada

Mattay likes this.
  16. Mattay

Mattay Active Member

Thx !

17. Mattay

Mattay Active Member

So I finally ordered everything I needed to start shaving, including the Parker RSX !
    We’ll see how my first shaving will go, I ordered a bunch of different blades to try different brands as well

I ordered a shaving brush as well, from Kent, with synthetic hair, a proraso after shave cream as well as soap, a bowl and a shaving brush stand from Kent. A cheap one but it will do the work

With all this I should be good to go

18. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:signs046:

Mattay likes this.
  19. Mattay

Mattay Active Member

Thx !

20. Manumik

Manumik Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

Mattay likes this.