Hello from New Jersey

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Oscar, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Oscar

Oscar Member

Long time electric shaver, I came across Mantic's videos on youtube while I was looking for a solution for my ingrown hair problems. I decided to go back to wet shaving and give safety razors a shot. My current setup includes:

Merkur 23c Long Handle
    Wilkinson Sword Razor Blades
    Pure Badger Brush (not sure about the brand, may or may not be Simplybeautiful)
    Col. Conk Almond Scent Shaving Soap
    Neutrogena Triple Protect Face Lotion (from electric razor days)

My first week or so with this setup did not produce very good results actually, but I feel like the performance is ever improving; either because my face is getting used to this new (!) method of shaving or my skills with a double edged razor is increasing (or both).

I came across this forum some time ago and had been following it for a while, great community you have here! Looking forward to contribute whatever I can.

Merry belated Christmas and a happy new year to everyone!

2. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den :signs046

Enjoy your stay here :happy088

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to The Shave Den Oscar, a great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Be sure to sign up for the December Newbie Give-Away for a chance to win some great shave gear!

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Welcome to TSD! This is the best wet shave board on the planet!

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Howdy from PA.

What part of NJ and how much snow did you get last weekend?

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Welcome to the Den!

I'm here in Pennsauken, just across the river from Philly. Where are you hailing from?

7. aubug

aubug Member

Welcome to TSD from Central NJ

8. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Greetings from Singapore

Welcome to the Den! Have fun browsing around and enjoy those shaves! Glad you've left the electrifying days behind you. I've used to use electric razors as well a long time in the past, among others. Am glad I've made the switch.

9. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD Oscar
    A forum of fantastic Ladies and Gentlemen with a wealth of knowledge to share
    Looks like we have another All-nighter aboard, or an early riser...

10. Oscar

Oscar Member

Thank you Rene, I'm finding it great so far.

Thanks for the information. I think I still need some posts for the give-away, it is not going to be problem at this rate though :)

Thank you Jeff. I totally agree.

Hello PanChango. I am from Jersey City, very close to New York. We had quite a bit of snow here over the weekend, it was more than knee high when I went out.

Hello Swarden. I'm not very far from you although I think it is the farthest I can get in New Jersey :)

Thank you fellow NJ resident :)

Thank you Smoothy, I am glad I left those days behind too! All the way from Singapore huh? :)

Thanks so much Wyatt. It would be an all-nighter, or I should say I'm definitely not an early riser. Especially given that I woke up like half an hour ago :)

11. welcome!!!!

12. Oscar

Oscar Member

Thanks, gald to be here!

13. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den! The 23C was the first DE that worked well for me, too. Enjoy the forums!

14. Oscar

Oscar Member

Thank you Slivovitz. I like 23C very much so far, but actually it was part of a set with brush, stand and a soap mug. I probably would have prefered a 34C or another short handled model if I had a choice.

15. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Welcome!

16. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

Welcome aboard. This is a neat little hangout.

17. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Welcome to the Den! Enjoy your stay here and Happy Shaving!! :signs046

18. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

Hi, Welcome to the den... Good old mantic59 always on top of the recruitment game....

19. Oscar

Oscar Member

Thank you soapbuddy!

I definitely agree.

Thanks, same to you!

I actually wrote my story in another thread: http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?p=376862#post376862

20. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den! :signs046