Hello from RI

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by PloDrr, Jun 4, 2018.

1. PloDrr

PloDrr Member

Hoping to learn a lot, maybe save some money and some skin!

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

3. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD PloDrr! Really glad that you joined us. This is a very warm, friendly and knowledgable community. I can't believe how much I've learned and how helpful everyone is here. Enjoy to the fullest!

Paul Turner likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome @PloDrr! Glad you joined us here at TSD. The good news is we have a deep database of Q&A and lots of friendly members that are willing to share opinions, advice, even actual information. If you have any questions feel free to ask right here in your own personal thread.

You didn't mention your set-up. What's your favorite soap / brush / razor / blade / aftershave? If you are new to wet shaving, there's a group of folks working on improving their technique. Bunch of New shavers learning vintage razors & Vintage shavers trying out new gear. The 30 Day Rule/Focus Group is fast paced, full of product reviews, and subject to Shenanigans. This month's theme (that you don't have to adhere to) is "Just The Basics" where many of us are revisiting the razors we started with, and using Drug Store products rather than fancy pants high end imported software.

Paul Turner and john zeiger like this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den!

6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hello and welcome!

7. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!

8. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD.

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

10. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome!

And if you figure out how to save money, be sure to let the rest of us know how you did it.:sad027:

11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Tell us more, @PloDrr . What are you shaving with?
    zwelcome2b.jpg

13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you.

14. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @PloDrr

I hope you enjoy it here. A lot of nice people and a ton of good information. :happy088:

15. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Hello and welcome

You'll be able to learn all you want, saving money is possible (hard not to catch ads).
    But the beauty of all this is turning a chore into an enjoyment. That's the factor that is so nice. Having just a few moments of enjoyment in your day is worth a bunch.

16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs046: and good morning @PloDrr from western NY, glad you decided to join us here at TSD. I don't know about saving money, but hopefully you'll enjoy your shave much more. :happy088:

17. PloDrr

PloDrr Member

I'm obviously new here but I have been doing the wet shave with a DE safety razor for a while now Merkur Futur). Well, unless I'm in a hurry in which case I use a disposable, I find I tend to bleed a lot less that way! I just picket up a shavette merkur.jpg shave.png with the goal of getting comfortable with handling/holding and shaving with that style/layout. Used it once and finally the bleeding stopped which was a positive! The goal will be to eventually grow into a straight razor. IN TIME. :)

I like the Merkur but I've noticed it really only shaves on one side, if I rotate it 180 degrees for some reason the blade doesn't "catch", not sure why, I can't see anything obviously wrong with it but I make it work. The shavette was...different but I'm willing to bet it was user error. That will take some time since it was only a 1 time thing so far.

urrlord, Jayaruh and Edison Carter like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Hi from neighboring Massachusetts. Welcome to the group :).

19. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome

20. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Hello. Great to have you with us.