Hello.....LOOK AT MY NECK

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Edison Carter, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Greetings.

Seeing TV commercials recently about Gillette lowering prices got my interest to research as to, Why.

After wading through all the 'gonna hit your wallet when you ain't looking clubs', I ultimately was lead to traditional wet shaving. For the first time in my life, I now have a comfortable, clean shaven neck. Just look at how proud me and my avatar are to have found the truth and be razor burn free.

Much gratefulness in my heart to a couple of particular gentlemen in the YouTube world.

I have learned so much lurking around here. Usually I'd just stay hiding, but this group seems nice enough to show my face. Thanks.

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

9nein9, Spyder and Jim99 like this.
  3. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

These are good peeps

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Welcome. Glad to have you around. Don't forget about the Single Edge and Injector razors. Great shaves all around.

5. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Welcome along. It a a good club this one :D

6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @Edison Carter

What type of razor are you using? I hope you enjoy it here. :)

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi! Welcome to the Den!

9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Welcome to The Shave Den! It’s a friendly group and we’re always happy to help.

9nein9, Spyder and Paul Turner like this.
  10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    9nein9 and Spyder like this.
  11. Edison Carter

I'm using a modern safety razor.

Tttttrying to keep from getting Rrrrazor Acquisition Dis..dis..disorder.

Begging for mercy... Please don't tell her how much I spent already! This was supposed to be MORE economical than the monster cartridges.

9nein9, Herm2502, Spyder and 3 others like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs046: @Edison Carter from western NY, glad you decided to join us at TSD.

Don't worry, generally (and I speak as of my wife) she :love029: won't mind; so long as your clean shaven, you smell nice and you don't sell the house for shaving equipment. :happy102:

9nein9, Edison Carter and Spyder like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Glad you're here, Edison. :).

14. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den where great shaves are around every corner and an enabler is close behind. :eatdrink047:
    :signs046:

15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    High their, @Edison Carter, your neck is looking great. Glad to have you join us.
    zwelcome2b.jpg

9nein9, LevelupShaves and Spyder like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome @Edison Carter! Glad you De-lurked and joined in on the fun.

Lots of friendly folks willing to offer opinions, advice, even actual information. No Blipverts here. TSD is focused on the Act of Shaving, rather than keeping the Advertisers happy. We do have some supporting members that would like to offer you a chance to win some internet credits in The Newbie Giveaway. Read the rules to be sure you qualify.
    And keep your chin up, but watch out for low hanging signs...

9nein9, Spyder, sdguero and 1 other person like this.
  17. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

18. Edison Carter

Hello swarden43.

The honor is mine to have your greeting, because you are the reason I'm participating here rather than lurking.

The thread on the Derby Challenge is what snagged my interest on a few points.

1) Just starting out on my own ShaveQuest, I quickly came to the conclusion that YMMV may be more like YVMV (your variables may vary). Your Derby Challenge seems to confirm what I thought, that the skill of shaving needs to be acquired before the final tooling preference can be best selected. Which leads me to....

2) I see the reference to 'hand stropping'. As someone who sharpens my kitchen knives as a hobby, I have found stropping uniquely refines the cutting edge. My ShaveQuest calls me to minimize the YVMV effect of blade trials. I saw elsewhere how someone is actually scientifically documenting how some blades become sharper with use. I'd like to discuss the use of a hand strop before trialing a blade candidate to level the playing field in testing. My ShaveQuest is to find, the same, the same, the same, the same... Much as I have with coffee. Which brings me to.....

3) I admire the dedication and detail in the publishing of your findings. While I have not yet arisen to the call of roasting my own coffee beans, I always wanted to. But I get such a consistent, good cup-o-joe with 8 o'clock and and an Aeropress, I sometimes lack the urge. I am dumbfounded at how someone who roasts their own beans can so consistently drink household coffees though.
    :eatdrink013:
    Many Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    9nein9, wristwatchb, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I couldn't have written that better yourself.

20. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Glad I could help, even unknowingly!

As for coffee, I'm not overly picky. After 20 years of Air Force coffee, most anything is better. :D

9nein9, LevelupShaves, RyX and 3 others like this.