hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by hrvacanin, Jul 22, 2007.

1. hrvacanin

hrvacanin New Member

Hi! I found this page when I was looking for info about Merkur razors (I´m considering buying one of those).
    I have been wetshaving with DE-razors for all of my "shavinglife". My father has always been his gillette DE from the 60:s and thats the razor I learned to shave on. I have tried sensors and Mach´s but always end up using my DE-razors.
    not only do they give me a better shave, they are alot nicer to the environment. the amount of plastic and metal you waste in a year with one of the new mach´s etc. Is just silly, shaving cream in a can, bah!

I havent "collected" DE-razors the ones I have is just regular razors I have found in ordinary stores.
    DE-razors and blades are hard to find in Sweden nowadays, so I shop most of it in Croatia where I spend my summers.

I have three razors:

1. a cheesy looking "Wilkinson sword classic", but it actually shaves pretty good! Bought this in Croatia a couple of years ago, bought one for my Girlfriend too, cause she liked mine :)

2. Gillette from ca 1990, dont know what its called, it says "M2 made in england" under the head.

3. Another Gillette, bought it in Croatia ca 2004, its a pretty good one, can be a bit to good.. have to be careful with this one, shaves close.
    [​IMG]

the soaps and creams I currently own:
    1. Italian cream called Figaro, smells almondy and is pretty good!
    2. Arko, very cheap in Croatia, costs something like 0.5$! And its very good too!
    3. Balea soap, made in Germany, bought it a souple of weeks ago, smells nice, and seem to work fine too.
    4. Solea. Croatian (or another balkan country?) very cheep and very good :)
    [​IMG]

razorblades:
    I have tried gillette platinum and stainless, Bic and Wilkinson sword. guess which one i like the most? :)

[​IMG]

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, hrvacanin!

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Wow! Cool collection :happy088

Welcome, and thanks for being with us....you'll have a great time here :eatdrink004

We have a member in Sweden (DragonBoy), I'm sure he'll stop by to say Hello.

He sent me a "SWING" Saftey Razor, an antique made in sweden. Check it out:

[​IMG]

I also have a black plastic razor (made by Treet), exactly like your Wilkinson. Its a good shaver itself. I wrote a review on it HERE

4. hrvacanin

hrvacanin New Member

yeah I´ve started to look for old razord on swedish auction sites, seen a Swing one but not in a good condition.. will keep looking :)

5. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Welcome aboard hrvacanin. Im sure youll be a good asset to the community

6. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Welcome to The Shave Den.

7. herzi

herzi Active Member

Welcome here. nice you stop by

8. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Welcome to the shave den and enjoy your stay! ::

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

welcome hrvacanim! Enjoy the group. Hmmm, I have Balea shaving cream, I never knew there was also a soap from Balea.

10. herzi

herzi Active Member

Hi Jeff,

the Balea soap is somewhere near Wilkinson soap in a bowl. Not a real soap.

Stefan

11. crackstar

Ah, ok, Stefan--thanks for the info.

12. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Hej och välkommen!! :D

Alltid kul med nya Svenskar på forumet.. Vart bor du.. och vad heter du..
    De flesta här vill gärna ha ett namn att "prata" med..

Hello and Welcome!!

Always fun with new Swedes at the forum.. Where do you live.. and whats your name..
    Most of us here likes a name to "speak" to..

13. hrvacanin

hrvacanin New Member

Jag heter hrvacanin, i efternamn, Niklas i förnamn :) bor i Örebro. du då?
    my surname is Hrvacanin, people use to call me "hrv" online :) real name is niklas

14. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Welcome hrvacanin/hrv/niklas!
    We are happy to have you here!!
    Thank you for sharing your shave stuff!

15. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Går tillbaka till engelska nu.. slipper dubbelskrivning/back to english, less double writing

I live in Linköping.. Good to have you..
    I did see you were thinking of a Merkur Razor.. Think no further - get one.. Theyre exellent razors.. If you dont wanna buy abroad go to www.gents.se

You cannot have too many razors (I have well over 40) or soaps or creams or brushes.. Well you get the picture :D

Keep it up!

16. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

same here...now I want it:D

Welcome to our community!!!

Raf

17. crackstar

:rofl I'm happy with the Balea cream!

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Gee, I have something that looks just like your Avatar sitting in my Shave Locker. :D

19. crackstar

:rofl :rofl :rofl I think I know what it is, Rich!

20. Will

Will Nevermind

Welcome aboard! :cool: