Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Andrew1017, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Andrew1017

Andrew1017 New Member

hey everyone fellow head shaver here. I joined because I currently use an electric rotary shaver for my face and head daily. I prefer an extremely close shave and currently use a Philips Norelco. Wanted to see if there are any electric razors that anyone recommends for what I like. Thanks!

Keithmax, RyX, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I haven't used an electric in 15 years or so, so I can't offer much advice. But, welcome to TSD!

3. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find some recommendations. This is a good site with good folks!

4. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome!

5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den!

6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Welcome @Andrew1017 from western New York, glad you decided to join us at The Shave Den. I also gave up on electric razors years ago, but when I did use them I used a Braun. Later I switched to double edge to receive better, closer shaves. That said, it's your face and enjoy your shave the way you like. By the way, I see your German Shepherd, is it a service or working dog. I only ask cause my son is getting one soon for his low vision.

7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

8. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome...

9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome @ Andrew1017 to TSD!

There are a few members that keep an electric around for a hurry up shave, or maybe for traveling. For the most part we're all about Wet Shaving. If you were to ask about a good setup for a guy interested in learning to shave with his grandfathers old straight razor, or his dads Gillette double edge, or even some modern stainless prototype not yet released to the public - folks would be tripping over their browsers to offer advice. Not that discussion of electrics is forbidden. Good luck and maybe someone has a clue!

11. Andrew1017

Andrew1017 New Member

Got it I guess maybe have never been pointed in the right direction of the wet method with type of razor and cream when shaving the head. I also Guess the last thing I want to do is cut my head haha

RyX likes this.
  12. Andrew1017

Andrew1017 New Member

Hey there got it prolly just never been pointed in the right direction as far as razors and creams for shaving my head. My GSD is a working dog although he lives with me when not working. Great dogs there is no breed like them. Hope all goes well for your son in getting his.

Keithmax and Enrico like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    High their Andrew, I gave up on electric razors in the early 70s, so I am of no help. Glad you have joined us though.

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

If you are curious about wet shaving your head, try a search, or start a new conversation!

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

When I head shave I use a cart, but DE for my face. As for soap or cream; I use Stirling Shaving soap or Barbasol (the best can shaving cream I've used). For less than $20 you can get a nice starter razor, 100 blades and a can of Barbasol; to introduce you to DE shaving. PM me if you need any suggestions.

RyX likes this.
  16. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Welcome to TSD @Andrew1017
    Used a Phillips/Norelco electric for about 6 years back in the 80's. Best shaves that I got from it was when I would put talcum powder all over my face and then shave. Messy, but the talc seemed to lube the skin. Now it's all DE.

Enrico likes this.
  17. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you.

18. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:signs046:

Head shaver; but not electric. I’ve heard good reviews on the wahl ( I think foil head) shaver. It’s supposed to be good at preventing in grown hairs.

19. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Welcome, @Andrew1017 . I believe the Norelco was my introduction to shaving.