Help All Blade Gap Guru's

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by SILKS, Sep 23, 2018.

1. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Good Afternoon All,
    After Several Failed Attempts Of Trying To Acquire The Blade Gap On The Wilkinson Sword Classic Razor, I Need Your Help..

This Must Be Level One Classified Information Because Its Not Out There.. Or I Dont Have The Proper Clearance To Obtain This Information.

I Am Calling On All Blade Gap Gurus Or Someone Who Has Been
    Cleared And Can Obtain Level One Classified Information.....

Please Help...... :transport024:

RyX and wristwatchb like this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I can't help you with that, but may I ask why you need that info? If you're having some difficulties using the razor, for example, there's a good chance the fine folks here can help. :)

It is apparently a mild razor, which would suggest a small gap: https://www.bruceonshaving.com/2010/12/03/wilkinson-sword-classic-de-razor/

stuartganis likes this.
  3. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Unless you are trying to reproduce the razor, or for some unknown reason want to keep track of the blade gaps that you have there really isn't any reason to worry with it.
    As previously discussed, if you are having performance issues there are many fine folks here that would be happy to help.

stuartganis and wristwatchb like this.
  4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm also curious why you are looking for this info. Are you having a problem with the razor?

stuartganis likes this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Buy some feeler gauges. Then you can become a blade gap guru too.

As for me, I don't much care about blade gap, unless one side is significantly gappier than the other.

6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Or you can stack up used blades to measure or compare one side to the other.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Esoterica! To go from buying whatever cartridge razor is on sale when you pass through the shave stuff isle to wondering about and documenting fine details about little known razors is what brought and keeps many of us active in the Wet Shave Communities.
    Ryan @PLANofMAN has the idea. Skip over reading dusty web pages. Gather up your razor archeology tools and break new ground. Be the first to write a scholarly paper about that razor. By bringing the data you might single handedly raise awareness and auction site prices.
    Harrison Ford Indy shaving.jpg