Help identify a razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Nov 30, 2018.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Does anyone who knows more about Soviet era razors possibly know what this is. I assume it is most likely 60s and that is it. It is like a long handle knockoff of a British Gillette Aristocrat Jr base plate and Schick Krona styled doors. The Gillette Rocket styled adjustment is towards the top of the razor and the combs look like later 60s open comb 3pc tech styling.

sov1.jpg sov2.jpg sov3.jpg sov4.jpg sov5.jpg

RyX, lightcs1776 and brit like this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't know anything about them, but it looks like a great razor.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It does, that is the main reason I bought it. More on how it shaves in another post.

RyX and lightcs1776 like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Nice looking razor. I don't know anything about it except that the handle is too long for me.

5. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

Soviet razors are easily identified.

If you have the box.

If not... :rolleyes:

6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

As I suspected the shave is pretty mild on this razor somewhere between an Aristocrat Jr and Krona. Definitely better than a Krona, Krona's are mild but rough this is a lot smoother like an Aristocrat Jr but same type of feel as a Krona. The verdict is still out on better than an Aristocrat Jr. Couple of hours and I'll be able to better answer that.

RyX likes this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Closest to an expert on all things Russian? I'd ask Neal @NCoxSTL .
    He owns several of their DE razors. There are a couple Russian TSD members around, maybe @AlDm.

8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I am going with a smoother Krona like shave as my description of how it performs. If someone wanted a heaver longer handle Krona like razor then this would be it.

RyX likes this.