Help-schick magazine repeating razor-

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dougr, Jan 30, 2011.

1. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

NEED HELP with loading blades and workings of:Type B The New Schick Magazine Repeating Razor .

Recently I purchased several Repeating Schick razors; one is nice and in Gun Metal blued and the other silver/gold in very good shaving condition. I would like to pull out the magazine and load some more blades as well as taking it apart for a good cleaning. The pictures show the two razors and the magazine pulled out on the "shaver". I am afraid to apply any pressure and do not see a trigger or other release. And, the get a bigger hammer solution is not one that you would like to use......

Does anyone have the instructions as the advise received was to "press the black tab" but I do not see one?

Attached Files:

Billyfergie likes this.
  2. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

I took some photos a while ago that might help. That piece you see in the middle of the opened razor, in your top right photo, should be popping out when you push the slide in a second time, sort of like this.
    [​IMG]
    Then you can pull it out, and ideally you would see something like this.
    [​IMG]
    The black piece in the center of that photo is the blade holder, where you would stack the blades. You push it back in the razor, with the side labeled REAR facing the bottom of the handle. You then push the piece with the spring back in so that the narrow end of the spring goes under the blade holder. It will be quite obvious when you're actually looking at it.

If the spring piece will not come out of the razor, it may be jammed somehow. It's possible that the blade holder is bent, and that's the problem. I think that these were not really meant to be reused, but that a new one came with each pack of the old style blades.

If that is what is causing the jam, I'm not sure what the best solution is, but now that you see how it's supposed to go, you may be able to find a way to finagle the spring out of there. What happens when you open up the other razor?

Jim99 and Billyfergie like this.
  3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I cannot help you with the mechanism... however, once you get it figured out, I have 30 Personna injector blades for you to load it up with.

I no longer have your address on file, but as soon as you PM it to me, these blades are in the mail to you.

Billyfergie likes this.
  4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Same as the Type A and Type C so here you go... Each image is clickable to view larger.

[​IMG]===[​IMG]===[​IMG]

5. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Not quite the same, although that manual is useful. The Type C is simpler to use, as the spring does not come out of the razor like the types B and A (see photo above), you just flip the door on the back to insert the blade holder. That clip that goes over the blade holder will almost certainly be gone, but it was meant to be discarded anyway, and can be done without.

Billyfergie likes this.
  6. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

The Magazines were Disposable as suggested by the Gentleman above...They are fragile as you will know...Its so easy for a seller or layperson to put a Magazine in the wrong way and this can jam them up to Hell...The spring & magazine should come out smoothly..I have freed one off by using a fine welding rod bent at the end to grab the magazine and yank it out without damaging the spring...Spare magazines do come up from time to time..It has been suggested that the magazines inside some of the older Injector Key Magazines are the same as the Repeater....I have opened 2 of them recently & they are not the same..:)

Billy..:chores016:

Jim99 likes this.
  7. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

sorry for not staying current with this thread, but I donated this razor to one of the grab boxes that was being sent around. So, someone has a classic. Doug