Help verify both Schick Injector G1's?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by terstation, Jul 28, 2019.

1. terstation

terstation Active Member

So I think I have answered this myself from the Schick Identification page.

http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

I am pretty sure these are both G1's, as they both have patents 1806807 and 1969945 and molded plastic handle with the seam.

From my research and browsing all the photos, the one on the left does have me a little puzzled though. It has a round ferrule where all the others I have seen are squared. Is this just another variant?[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

brit and RyX like this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I've been researching injectors extensively and can narrow down the date range on those razors.

There were a total of 3 G1 variants as it turns out. Here is the first variant, not pictured above.
    schick46-47g.jpg

If you look at the spring it says Schick Injector like the older E Type razors. This one was produced in 1946 and maybe 1947 but it disappears for sure by 1948. That only leaves the 2 pictured above.

The one above on the left with the rounded ferrule was made in 1953 and possibly as late as about Jan. or Feb. of 1954. The G8 supersedes the G1 in Feb. of 1954 for sure and is the only Type G produced from that point on until 1957.

The one above on the right with squared ferrule was produced as early as 1947 but on later than 1948 through 1952.

brit likes this.
  4. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

I don't know if this helped the OP but it answered my questions. Thank you very much BBS and for the OP, I hope this helped you as well.

brit likes this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I have a boat load of documentation I am working on concerning Schick injectors that I will post once it is ready. It includes how I came up with those dates and such.

brit and Dirtfarmer like this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Even without knowing the dates you can put together the order of production just by looking at any Type E injector's spring and ferrule then look at the same on a Type G8. It is easy enough to figure the order in which things were changed on those G1 razors once you compare them.

brit likes this.