Help while hunting in the wild

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by JR Reyes, Nov 2, 2015.

1. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Greetings fellow Den members,

I had the idea to start a thread dedicated to assisting members as they hunt for shaving gear in the wild (estate sales, antique malls, garage sales, flea markets, etc.). Members can post pictures here, and hopefully receive some instant feedback from our resident experts and seasoned negotiators. The aim is to help others who are less experienced, and simply offer assistance before we pull the trigger.

All I ask is that we respect the rules of the classifieds thread, and refrain from trying to make any offers or trades on this thread. Please direct those conversations through Private Messages (PM's).

Alright, with that being said, let me kick off the festivities.

I found this straight razor in a local pawn shop, and was unable to find much information online. I think it looks pretty good, but am curious if the asking price of $45 is fair, or worth negotiating. It's a Carl Schileper Razor (Solingen). Eye brand.

Thank you in advance for the advice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bama Samurai, Kizurra and wmbjr like this.
  2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Good Solingen steel blade. I can't see the stamp on the tang but the logo will give you an timeframe for production per the logostamp.
    Still making knives: http://carl-schlieper.de

SafariScreenSnapz568.jpg
    SafariScreenSnapz569.jpg

Bama Samurai and Kizurra like this.
  3. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Why thank you Kevin. I was starting to worry that this thread idea was a flop..lol.

Bama Samurai and Kizurra like this.