Help with EBay

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by johnus, Sep 17, 2012.

1. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

I've been have an ongoing problem with making razor purchases over eBay. A listing comes up that I want to bid on that states that shipping is FREE. When I'm the high bidder I go to pay and the shipping is no longer free! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347933480.289586.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347933497.017043.jpg .
    I've called eBay a number of times and they inform me that it's a technical problem and they'll get back to me. Never do!! Happen again tonite.
    Has this happen to any other of yous??? Ideas?

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Never had this happen to me before. Can you change shipping options? It may be free if there's a First Class option, $5.65 if you choose the Priority option.

3. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I've never come across that myself. I wonder if you and the seller can arrange for a refund of the shipping price then?

4. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

You can wait for his invoice to come before paying and tell the seller then, before paying, if the invoice doesn't show free shipping. I've never had this happen before either.

5. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

I originally thought it was an iPhone thing again, so I went to the 'classic site' and it still does it to me. The other proble is that once I pay; the record of the 'free' offer disappears from eBay's records! That's way I've stated to take photos as proof. Strange. Back to the phones to see if ebay has an answer yet.

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Nope never had it happen to me either. I kinda wish it would...I'm trying to wean myself off of eBay, one razor at a time. Getting reamed on the shipping would speed the process up.:)

Switchermike likes this.
  7. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

DO you have a computer to go look at it with?

8. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Will have to look today. Daughter's in 6th grade and usually has the lap top. Desk I only use for photos and don't like to use it for the net.

9. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Well went to the classic site. States that shipping is free . I just was high bidder on another small item that stated Free shipping and when I went to pay it was changed again. Just called again. Same story. Must be a tech problem they will report it but the most they'll do is let me cancel the buy. Looks like I'll take a break for awhile.

10. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Maybe when you bid in the future you should contact the seller first and ask about the shipping cost. That way you know first hand whats what and you have email proof from the seller as to his/her shipping cost in case of a dispute..

11. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

have you tried to contact the seller about the shipping charges?

12. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Yes. Have contacted them and they say because of how small the expected value they would never say free shipping.

New this morning. Latest from eBay is their records show that postings shouldn't have said Free but "To be Determined"... by location. I told them that I've only seen that on nonUS postings! They're still checking.

13. ElliotR

ElliotR Member

WATCHED IT HAPPEN BEFORE MY EYES THIS WEEK - ON IPHONE

14. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Latest this morning... If you wait, the stated shipping charges CHANGE!! Wait a day and see if the one that went from FREE to a charge, actually drops in postage cost. My last one went to a 1/3 of what was being originally asked in 24hrs!