Hi all...

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by kjbarth, May 5, 2019.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Very cool, @kjbarth. Sounds like you are deep into both using and collecting. Plenty of folks here share the Acquisition Disorders. I've only been at it since around the middle of '15, satisfied many of my questions, and have reached the point of really enjoying my shaves instead of dreading them. Like you I got into Wet Shaving because of an interest in straight razors. A '59 Gillette Fat Boy distracted me enough to get my DE-RAD (Double Edge Razor Acquisition Disorder) activated. Like my Red Tip, too. I haven't been back to the SR's for my avoidance to investing time and bucks on learning to hone. A couple shavettes have kept me in the open blade game, and I have a Japanese kamisori style shavette in the mail headed my way.

Enough of my issues! This is you own personal thread so feel free to pose questions. Lots of knowledgeable folks around to either supply information or point you in the right direction. If Jim @Jayaruh doesn't have a brush to suit your desire currently available, you can wait a couple days and he'll unveil another one. I sent him a couple hunks of wood, discussed what I was looking for, and he turned one up just as I envisioned! He doesn't sell them, but his adoption agency is good at finding new homes for his little ones.

kjbarth, AGHisBBS, brit and 1 other person like this.
  2. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Hi there! Glad to have you join us.

kjbarth likes this.
  3. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!

Briscoe and kjbarth like this.
  4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @kjbarth

I hope you enjoy it here.:happy088:

kjbarth likes this.
  5. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD kjbarth! Enjoy!

kjbarth likes this.