Hobbies?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by voice940, Dec 22, 2010.

1. voice940

voice940 Member

I'm sure that this post exists somewhere... but I couldn't really find one in particular.

When you're not at work or shaving - what are your hobbies?

Myself, I'm a shadetree mechanic and enjoy doing a little off-roading in my Jeep.

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Aside from hanging out on TSD? Porch time with my woman!

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Skeet and Sporting Clays year round.

Hiking and cyclocross.

Besides that it is work (Digital Janitor) and Glass Artisan.

4. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Fountain pens, classical guitar

5. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

I'm into computers, relaxing with the wife, BBQ/smoking/grilling, and I do a bit of shooting myself

In fact, I've got some Baby Backs on the smoker right now!

6. voice940

voice940 Member

Glass artisan

That's awesome! I know it's not really the same thing, but my grandfather used to own a sign shop, and he blew and bent all the neon tubing by hand. It was always so cool to see him in there (it looked like a labratory with all the burners and glass neon gas cylinders and tubing all over the place.

7. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Bird watching, fountain pens and ink, penpals, postcard swaps, photography, collecting vintage postcards, making postcards, reading.
    spending time with the love of my life.

8. aubug

aubug Member

Solving cryptograms

9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

That would have been cool to see the sign shop. Do you have any signs that he made in the past?

Thanks. I was forced to help my father as youngster and have just grown the glass into a secondary income. I make between 250 and 300 stained glass stars a year and fuse glass when I have some spare time. I've attached a couple pics of stars that I have made.

Attached Files:

10. swimman

swimman New Member

Radio controlled off road vehicles, cycling, swimming, kayaking, breaking up fights between my 6 and 8 year old boys.

11. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Running, watching football, Dr. Who., DIY home improvement, reading (about 50% bible, though not as much readiing - bible or otherwise - as I'd like).

12. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Hanging out on the Porch .. playing games, enjoying each other's company, sitting at dinner each night playing Scrabble or visiting any antique shop we come across ... THESE are the days (or weekend's) of our lives! Enjoy! ;)

13. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

Bird and wildlife photography, anything that involves massive doses of silence and nature, beginning to study Buddhism. But I have seven year old daughter so I get to do a lot of fun stuff.. roller-coasters are our new gig. She and I did the Super Dooper Looper seven times on her seventh birthday!!

14. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

I enjoy hunting, fishing, growing a vegatable garden, and antique tractors. I may redo another tractor this spring if time allows.

15. toughluck

toughluck New Member

Firearms, building/repairing electronics, camping, mountain biking, hiking, family and friends. That is if i'm not working or in school.

16. Flatfish

Flatfish Member

I like sailing (wife, house and children have put a temporary stop on that hobby)

Photography (see above)

Reading

17. Flatfish

Flatfish Member

Oh also camping

Also on hold until I can afford a new tent.

Generally I like old technology rather than new. Steam and clockwork are good. Digital is not so good.

Just listen to this thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJrKglMrgTU

18. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

From one old school guy to another thanks for sharing the vid. We dont see many early european tractors here in the states. It sounds alot like a old John Deere B

19. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

-Computer hardware
    -Entry level java programming
    -Gaming
    -Expanding on my other collections

20. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Collecting antiquities...
    Mostly Wet Shave Gear, Vintage Magazines, Cuff links, Lanterns and Hockey Cards.

Also do a lot of fishing, computer build and repair.
    Recently I have taken up Dog Grooming. Practicing on our three dogs, I purchased professional trimmers and a good blade assortment and tools and plan on running an ad locally