Holiday wish list 2009

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Will, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

OK a secret Santa thread has started here http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16586 and you don't know what to give as a gift or you are going to beg one of your family members for a Custom Straight Razor.

Here is where you can put what you would like as a gift. To our Jewish Members feel free to list 8 items.

This can be for the Secret Santa and just for fun too.

Me, a new straight would be nice and a stone. Good Thing I all ready have my Red Rider BB gun.

2. herzi

herzi Active Member

A Caswell Massey Greenbriar soap in a bowl. :D Needn't be new but I want one.

3. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

To be honest, I do not really have a wish list :ashamed001

But everything that I don't know, and are allowed to try, is much appreciated :D

4. Destro85

Destro85 New Member

I am 26, male, from Pittsburgh. I love the Pens, and hockey in general. Obviously I'm into shaving, I like vintage razors, classic shave scents, citrus and spicey scents (Orange, clove, bergamot, cinnamon, apple, that kind of stuff.) Mama Bear has a few seasonal soaps I have been looking at, Welcome Home, Spiced Cider and Spruce Needle. I'm interested in trying out something kind of smokey or tobacco scented, but haven't had a chance yet. I just thought of this, but Euro/Asian/Other Foreign stuff that you can't easily get in the US would be a welcome addition to my collection. A million cool points to anyone who can get me a pack of Gillette Blues (wishful thinking)

I really like collecting new fragrances, but haven't added anything new in a while. Currently I have CoBS Bay Rum, 4711, Royall Sample Pack, ToBS Eton College, TSD Earl Grey and Polynesian Red, and some Clubman Pinaud stuff.

Aside from shaving I am also a geek who reads a lot of sci-fi (love Gibson, Stephenson, and Simmons), fantasy, horror (Lovecraft, Steven King, Clive Barker), and other fiction (McCarthy, Hemmingway), and I play plenty of PS3, Nintendo DS, PC games, board games, and Warhammer Fantasy (Chaos!)

That ought to give you a pretty good idea of what kinds of stuff I like, don't feel like this is the definitive list of all I am interested in though. I just wanted to give an overview of ideas. I'm open to anything! Looking forward to hearing from you!

To whoever ends up being my santee, I hope you like whatever I end up gifting you. This is my first year participating in TSD's secret santa, but I've been doing online gift exchanges for 7 years or so now and it's always a great time.

5. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

Breaks into little kid voice:

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy: Santa I would like a puck of Old Spice, a scuttle, a puck of Yardley.................

........... (Santa just rudely told me I should stop dreaming).............

...........ummm...ok, then I would like an Erasmic Shave Stick, or a tube of Godrej, or a nice shiny Gillette Tech. :happy102:happy102

6. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

I've been bad this year, but since I was at least good at it:

A 4/8 straight in useable condition, hollow ground round point would be ideal, but hey, it's a gift :)
    Tabac AS
    TOBS Lavender (anything Lavender is good)
    Barber's Hone- the chinese 12K
    A New Truck

7. :rolleyes:A full set of shapton hones (complete with holder and DGLP). :D

Other than that, probably a synthetic Men-U brush, and I've been starting to get curious about menthol but I don't have any... so maybe a freezy face starter kit... something along these lines, perhaps...

8. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

You'll shave your eye out, kid.

9. jkenton

jkenton New Member

I'd love to participate. I know I don't have the minimum number of posts, but I'll let someone else decide if that is a problem.

I love this time of year!

10. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

I want to know where Tulgey Woods is

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I want elves.

12. Queen of Blades

:rofl

13. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

I also keep what I want down in my signature. Or lunch with Moi.

14. Queen of Blades

You keep lunch with me down in your signature? Odd. I like it!

Or you keep your lunch down with me? :confused: Not sure I like that one.

15. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

don't you always eat lunch with soi meme?

lunch with another local TSD member would be neat though.

Freebird are you still hanging around here?

16. Malacoda

Malacoda Active Member

Well, if you're listening Santa, I'll not only be a good boy... I'd also happily spend the winter cleaning out the reindeer stalls for a nice Nakayama Kiita along with a 46" LED HDTV to watch while sanding and honing blades.

As for Secret Santa gift ideas, well, since I'm moving away from DE's and into straights, any of the following would really rock:

• A DMT 8" Dia-Sharp Continuous Diamond Fine 1200 from StraightRazorDesigns.com
    • A brown DirtyBirdPottery.com scuttle
    • One 36-piece bulk pack of 1 inch Muslin Buffing Wheels with 1/8 inch shank from widgetsupply.com (item SDD2-MC10)
    • A coticule slurry stone or two from BestSharpeningStones.com
    • Or a sampler of various vanilla or citrus based creams, soaps, splashes, balms, or milks -- or maybe a bit of Trumper's Coral Skin Food to try (when it comes to scents I'm a clean, crisp kind of guy, not a heavy, woodsy, musky dude. As for aftershaves, I'd just as soon let the next guy have all the menthol - no cool, numbing sensation for me.)

Oh, and I'll even leave out some cookies and a wee dram of Scotch to warm you up a bit too!

Thanks Santa.

17. SirWhiskers

SirWhiskers Member

Being the newbie that I am, I will not waste the good stuff yet, so I'll start with some cheap and good items:

* white jar of Proraso with aloe and green tea (already have the green stuff)

* Arko shaving cream (sensitive preferred, any will do)

* HBS unscented soap

* any home made shaving soap: Prairie Creations, Fitjar, Gentleman's Quarter,
    Gentleman's Refinery, QED, etc.

* any samples

(no tallow stuff for me, I seem to have a reaction)

Thank you My Santa.

18. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Just a quick FYI, Prairie Creations shave soaps contain tallow.

19. SirWhiskers

SirWhiskers Member

Ooops, I meant it when I said I was a newbie! At this point I don't know where to start sampling shaving things, so just send anything my way, I am easy to please as I don't know much yet.

20. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

I always remind myself what I am interested for in my signature but here again.

Enchante Lime skin conditioner
    Cade aftershave splash
    TSD Raspberry soap, splash and milk full size.