Homemade Cases?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Corey, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Agreed! Looks great.

2. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

Just wait 'til you see what else I have in mind... if I can get the foam cut the way I want it.
    :D

3. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

The creative brainpower in this forum is just awesome!

4. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Most of you probably know this trick. However, for the new members of our world...

The only time that I worry about cases is when I am traveling. And then smaller is better. I take an easily replaced razor that I won't miss too much if I forget/leave it behind.

I don't have pics... but I just take an Altoids box, a little foam, cut an area for the head and an area for the handle and have a quick little box to pack a 3 piece razor. If you are worried about the razor hitting the box lid, glue a little felt to the lid to protect the razor from the lid. Before I started using shave sticks, I would also take a little glycerin shave soap and melt it into a round Altoids tin.

5. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

The felt with the sticky backing works well. Cut, peel, and stick. Check sporting goods store for a thicker type used to keep hunting equipment quiet. Gotta love the camo patterns ;)

6. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

Ok ok... I'll give you a sneak peek at my other design...

Is it... a tin of English pipe blend?
    [​IMG]

Or... a love nest for a ball-end?
    [​IMG]

As Coyote was suggesting, I think a little felt on the lid would be a wise addition. Also, I was thinking of finding a couple of orphaned vintage blade cases (the two-piece metal ones) and cutting slots for them.
    Honestly, it might not even be as practical as my MTM case, but I like finding other uses for things like that tobacco tin. It satisfies my inner packrat.

7. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

It's a President.

[​IMG]

8. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Is that the original paint job on that Red Tip?

9. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Yes, it's original; the paint is perfectly intact. For some reason the color looks more bright red in the picture than it really is. My photography skills are a bit lacking when it comes to using the flash; it's something that I need to work on.

10. ctakim

ctakim Member

I have a wooden Richwood case that was in pieces and sad shape. So I've had to glue it back together and refinish the exterior. It is going to be like a new homemade case, sort of.