Homes for Two Techs

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jimjo1031, Jul 22, 2018.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I have a couple of Techs that needed cases and recently acquired both of them. When looking for cases, if they need re-lining, it doesn't matter to me. The first one is perfect for my WW II Tech. The paint is faded with some white paint spots, but OK. The second one I got from @Jrdelgado for a Gold Tech, also faded, worn out in areas, some to the bare metal, and also with paint spots. And both need to be re-lined..........
    1.jpg 2.jpg

This pic showing both cases taken apart and ready to be worked on..........
    3.jpg

This pic showing the tops of the cases after being worked on. The WW II case I masked the Gillette logo, gave it a couple of light dusting coats using Flat Black. After it was dried, I buffed the finish with a microfiber dish towel to give it a bit of a shine without using a clear coat. On the Gold Tech case, it's original green type color was pretty much no more, except for some spots on the bottom. I thinned out some Deep Green paint, and just kept rubbing it in with a brush many times over until I got the color I wanted. After drying, I used vegetable oil and rubbed it in to protect the paint then using the towel to buff it out. This gave a bit of shine to the areas in good shape, and not so much on the worn out areas, just what I wanted..........
    4.jpg

The Gold Tech had a red lining and just to make sure, I looked at @mr-razor's site. The only red lined Tech cases had different types of cases (ex: tweed grain), but not saying Gillette didn't use red lining in green cases, but I have a decent amount of blue felt and re-lined it in that, as I've seen many of those cases lined in blue. So both cases were lined using the same blue felt and now with their razors and blades where they belong..........
    5.jpg

2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Great work as ALWAYS.
    Turned out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Wow. Looking good, Jim. As usual.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  4. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Those look fantastic!

jimjo1031 likes this.
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Impressive work.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Very nice work

jimjo1031 likes this.
  7. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

That. Is. Cool.

That is just what i need too!

jimjo1031 likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

nicely done...

jimjo1031 likes this.
  9. jimjo1031

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Primotenore likes this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Excellent job Jim!

jimjo1031 likes this.
  11. jimjo1031

Thanks Keith.

12. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

I thought that case you got from me was destined for the trash. What a great restore. You are very talented Jim!

jimjo1031 likes this.
  13. jimjo1031

I'll try to fix anything.