hone ID needed

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by mdpmedia, Dec 11, 2021.

1. mdpmedia

mdpmedia New Member

angled with cut off stickerof sham of unlnown not a Charnely Forest hone.JPG 2nd side with sticker unlnown not a Charnely Forest hone.JPG angled with sticker of unlnown not a Charnely Forest hone.JPG cracked edge best color likeness of unlnown not a Charnely Forest hone.JPG length meas-1st side unlnown not a Charnely Forest hone.JPG Hello,

I've got a hone that noone can identify in person or on two other sites non-shave den sites. Where is THE best place anywhere that would have the best chance of identifying this?

Please provide a URL.(s). Calling all rock hounds; it could be foreign: not sure??

I have my photos ready to upload anywhere you say.

thx.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  2. mdpmedia

mdpmedia New Member

The photo with the arrows is showing a lighter area to the left of the upright arrow over to the corner area. This is lighter in color as a result of the stronger intensity of the incoming light.

The true color is uniform throughout the patina of the hone. I need a name and source of this hone if possible.
    angled with cut off stickerof sham of unlnown not a Charnely Forest hone.JPG

Billyfergie likes this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Perhaps you should restore it, and see how it hones a razor, before trying to identify it, or find where it is from . As it sits, it looks in pretty rough shape, and discolored. It looks like it has been used for knives or tools. It is unusable for razors, until it is brought back to life.
    When you do restore it, post some pictures. When you decide to try it on a razor, let us know how it does.
    What grit would you say it is?

Billyfergie and gssixgun like this.
  4. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

From those images, impossible to say. It looks a little Japanese and the scraper marks on the side is consistent with Japanese stones.

Do you have better images of the entire sides, ends, and back?

Billyfergie likes this.