Hookah

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by rick, Mar 21, 2008.

1. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Discuss.

I'm a newb and I need tips and tricks to transcend the enjoyment and pleasure I get from pipes and cigars.
    Tell me your favorite ways to enjoy the shisha !

2. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Just when I'm relaxing. Indoors or out. Drunk or sober. Its always a good time to light up the hookah.

3. Will

Will Nevermind

You need a lot of down time before hitting it.

One key thing is not to let the coals to get to hot and flake the ash plenty (unless you want to smoke bar-b-q).

What kinda smoker you got? Have baccy?

4. rick

Its a blue Hookah Brothers Gemini 2 pipe model.
    I havent fired it up in about 2 years but my bud from work has been talkin it up for awhile now and he brought me some shisha last night......
    So.
    I dug it out and am burning some right now :D

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Good man!!!!

6. rick

Flake the ash ???
    You mean knock the burnt off so just the cherry is going ??

I stacked 2 on top of each other to get it really hot.
    Good or bad ?

7. Will

Will Nevermind

Yes.

Bad, its like having a hot pipe and you know what that taste like. :sick007

If you are not a good flicker put some tin foil between the bowl and the coal.

Sing it with me, SLOW BURN...........TAKE IT EASY!

8. rick

bowl
    shisha
    tin foil
    charcoals

in that order....right ??

9. Will

Will Nevermind

As the Germans would say, DA!

10. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Remember the rotation...

puff puff, give. puff puff, give

:happy102:happy102:happy102

11. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I bet my wife would divorce me if I brought home a Hookah, she'd think I started smoking pot!

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have a narghile here, which I bought in Egypt, the last time I went on vacation. My brother-in-law and I smoke it whenever he comes, or I'll smoke it with friends of mine. My wife detests the smell of the smoke, but she tolerates it.

13. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Well........

In honor of Rick I had my first experience of Hookah fun in NYC. the bar was decent enough. Arabic music was playing loudly. I had some nice Mint Tea. I took a buddy with me...seeing as how I didnt think i could handle a whole bowl by myself from previous sessions.

I decided on Cherry....it was nice to have a hookah smoke again. My friend wasnt as eager as I was. It was a strange thing...ive smoked hookahs before...but something about this one....kinda burned. I wasnt able to get those long draws like I usually do..it irritated me to take long puffs.

Decided to try some Double apple.....That was nicer than the cherry IMHO. All in all 2 bowls.....and 3 pots of Tea. GOOD TIMES!!

14. JayKay

I've had a few trips to Sahara East in NYC a few times. It was okay. The music and belly dancers plus a little booze wasnt to bad. The prices were rather high but isnt everything in NYC? I prefer a local cigar shop/lounge in my local area turned into a hookah bar.

15. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

So would I. It seems that most hookah bars here in the city are geared more towards nightclub life.

16. Will

Will Nevermind

Don't be skerd to mix blends. Mint/Rose is pretty good. :cool:

17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

not that long ago, I went with some friends of mine to a Lebanese resto-bar here in town, where they have hookas, and have live Arabic music. It was a most pleasant evening, and since I know a lot of Lebanese songs, the band leader asked me to get up on stage with them and sing with them, which I did, and that really delighted the audience! :D

18. Started ? Resumed ?;)

19. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Caramel apple is a great Flavor. I used to like to mix Coconut and Cherry

20. JayKay

I like the idea of the hookah bar club scene. Its a fun night out. If your looking for a relaxing quiet place there are plenty of resturants in the city with hookahs oh the desert menu.