Hoping for some direction.

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by sky pilot 83, Apr 1, 2017.

1. sky pilot 83

sky pilot 83 Active Member

I've been dabbling in making shave soaps. But I'm the type of guy who uses a soap before breaking into a new one. I made some melt and pour soaps for shaving. The scents were just how I wanted them and i made about 5 lbs of shave soap. I added just a touch of bentonite clay because of how good it is for skin but upon using my soaps i discovered the slickness was off and there was almost no residual slickness and because of this I'm getting weepers more than i should. That plus the shaving M&P i was using that i was told is great for shave soap really isn't for shaving but is regular m&p base used for making regular bars of soap.

Now i need to re melt everything, rescent it and try to salvage it. That's where i need help. I bought a bottle of vegetable glycerin today at walmart after being told to just add some once it's melted but then i found out if i add to much it'll reverse the moisturization properties and will continue to dry the skin.

Is there any way i can salvage my soap or should i just use it as bath bars?

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

Jayaruh likes this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have nothing for you. Good luck with your project though.

sky pilot 83 likes this.