Hot Sauces

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by swarden43, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

When I was in South Africa ...
    7342317e1dc0f2cf4eaf2a22ca8e3776--black-mamba-chilli.jpg

Yehuda D likes this.
  2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

RyX likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

4. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I need to find this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

5. SharptoothC

Not exactly new, but I have always liked these sauces and have started finding them available locally. I always eat at Nando's when I visit Africa, and stock up on the sauce.

6. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

They have it on Amazon, but the shipping is prohibitive.

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

swarden43 likes this.
  8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Flavor. The habanero stuff is hot but still has flavor. The other sauces are clearly flavor over heat. Scorch bonnet/habs are hard to get flavor to come through over heat.

EDIT: I was going to edit but since Scotch came out as Scorch, in this context, I'm going to let it ride unedited.

jeraldgordon and swarden43 like this.
  9. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

My brother had gotten this rediculously hot sauce (spontaneous combustion) so hot my eyes watered opening it up, decided to try it anyway. BIG MISTAKE! I was outside in 20degrees sweating for a while my stomach burned for the rest of the day. 2017054D-75B0-428C-B8CC-479AC45CF3AD.jpeg

Enrico likes this.
  10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I've discovered some hot sauces are quite flavorful and are to be used as a condiment, like ketchup, yet can be extremely hot.
    Some hot sauces are just hot for the sake of being hot, so hot any flavor that may be there is masked. These are to be used as an additive in recipes, such as chili, gumbo or soups for that reason only - HEAT.

battle.munky and dustmite like this.
  11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

IIRC, the Tabasco Scorpion Sauce was a limited edition from the company store and sold out in minutes.

It is probably available from a reseller for many times the original factory price.

swarden43 likes this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Cholula
    Tobasco
    Texas Pete
    Louisiana Gold
    In no particular order...

dustmite likes this.
  13. SharptoothC

Gator Hammock has some heat but it has lots of flavor with it.

14. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

We go through a lot of Franks Hot Sauce and Buffalo Sauce. I also use a lot of Sriracha and Cholula sauce as well. I’m not big on vinegar so Tabasco is okay but not one of my preferred sauces.
    I think I brought about 10 different hot sauces back from our first trip to New Orleans back in 2005. I remember liking Crystal but it’s been a while since I last had it.
    My wife occasional buys super hot sauces for me as gifts but almost all of them have been all heat with little appreciable flavor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Forgot to add.

Not hot sauce but I love Wasabi. The more on sushi the better. Wasabi peas are great too. Wife put a can of Spicy Sriracha and Chili Garlic Peas in my stocking which is really good too. They have a nice sweetness along with the heat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

IMG_0105.JPG
    If you wrap your ribs try 2T or more of this with Parkay margarine, apple jelly, and dust your ribs with more rub before you wrap. YOUR WELCOME!!! :happy088:

17. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Depending on what it is I like Tabasco( Oysters) and Chrystal(Chili).

18. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Here is one I really like:

[​IMG]

Pain is Good, Garlic Habanero

It is spicy, but not especially hot. Tons of flavor. I have given several jars as gifts, and each person has asked where to get it.