How’s your day? July 2021

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 1, 2021.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Good morning and happy July!

I'm awake and the coffee is mighty fine this morning. Feeling pretty good so far!

Keeping a lot of people in my thoughts today... The condo collapse in Florida... I just can't fathom going through that. Also, folks in the Northwest during this extreme heat wave... I've seen several have died from the heat. Power cables melting and roads buckling... Lots of homes there do not have air conditioning because the usual temperatures don't require it. Temperatures are normally in the 70s this time of year. 113+ lately.

Looking forward to dinner tonight! Snow crab legs! Haven't had any in over a year! Just thinking about it and trying not to drool and slobber all in my wonderful coffee!

How's your day? I hope it's great!

LCBurt and cliffb599 like this.
  2. LCBurt

LCBurt Member

Nice, I absolutely love crab legs. I hope you have a wonderful dinner.

I am looking forward to a long time friend of mine that had moved out of state stopping by. We'll be picking a bit of guitar, sipping a few barley pops and howling at the moon. Always a good time when we get together. It's been too long since I have seen him.

I'm hoping a few of those frosty beverages will tame the Poison Ivy I managed to pick up while doing a little hiking with my wife on Tuesday. I have never had the stuff before... Don't want to have it again. On the bright side it could be much worse, the majority of it is below the knees with a little on my forearms. Well if the beer doesn't do it I have a few higher octane options that should numb things up nicely.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Enrico likes this.
  3. IAmTheJody

Nothing like spending time with a treasured friend and catching up! Hope the beer was cold and the guitar was in tune! :D

It's been many years since I've experienced poison ivy and I can still feel it when I think about it. Pour some beer on it and soldier on!
    :eatdrink047:

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Back from a wedding in PA. Great venue, good food, lovely happy brides.

Now of course, unpacking & doing laundry. In the midst of this, one odd thing happened. I got a notice from my pharmacy that a prescription was ready. But I wasn’t expecting anything (nor was my husband) so I checked my on-line account and found that it was sent by a doctor I hadn’t seen in months (and wouldn’t again!) As it was for an antibiotic, there is n reason to send this for a patient who you haven’t seen in a long time. Of course I had the pharmacy cancel it, but this is just baffling.

5. IAmTheJody

Shady doctor with shady billing practices? We had a local doctor who was fraudulently charging Medicare, Medicaid and people's private insurances for visits that never happened, and he would send in prescriptions to area drug stores to further the lie of supposed office visits. He is now enjoying 15 years in the State of Mississippi Hotel.

Enrico and Sara-s like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

That, she most certainly is. I have already reported her to my insurance carrier & the state medical board and board of finance for fraud.

One might think that would deter her from using my name to commit more of it.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

As mentioned in one of the culinary threads, it was homemade cranberry walnut bread day:

IMG_20210711_133441.jpg

Shaver X, gorgo2, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  8. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Enrico, IAmTheJody and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Busy day- I went to the supermarket & bought lots of meat. Then of course, I need to separate it into portions & wrap it for the freezer. Finally done with that & needed to get out & water the bonsai. It’s quite hot and since bonsai grow in small pots, they will dry out quickly in the heat. It is expected to rain later, but they need the water now.

IAmTheJody, Paul Turner and richgem like this.
  11. IAmTheJody

I can't remember a single day over the last month when it has not rained here in my part of Mississippi and today, as they say, the bottom fell out. Lots of flash flooding all over the area. This, about 2 hours after I got the yard cut today.

Sara-s and Enrico like this.
  12. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Today was not a good day. I had mentioned it a couple of years ago when my wife was first diagnosed, but things have progressed since then. My wife was diagnosed a couple of years ago with stage 3 melanoma. Let me tell you something, if you have a weird spot on your body, get it checked out. Melanoma is something you don't want to mess with. It has a very high metastatic rate. After surgery to remove it, the first round was immunotherapy. When they checked her again earlier this year, it had metastasized to her lung, at that point it becomes stage 4. Another round of immunotherapy, had a bad reaction and had to stop. Tried some different pills recently, more reactions and stopped. Recent PET scan she just found out today is horrible. 100+ spots on her lungs, spots on her heart, liver, spline, leg muscles. It's everywhere. The doctor mentioned chemo to her, but I don't think she wants to do that, there is no cure and she doesn't want to spend what time she has left feeling sick. He also mentioned hospice, which I think is going to be the next course of action. It's hard to think about, I'm 55 years old and I don't want to be a widower and there is nothing I can do about it. Keep us in your prayers.

Kevin

13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@CrustyCat I am so sorry for what you both are going through. As someone at the other end of that spectrum (i.e. having cancer caught early and easily treated) I can't say enough about getting things checked regularly.

My breast cancer was caught at an early stage for the simple reason that I get mammograms when I am supposed to. So, if I may be forgiven for getting on my soap box, I will do just that. Please, get the regular exams & tests you need, everyone!

Off the soapbox now & back to you, Kevin. My prayers for you & your wife to make the most of the time you have together.

CrustyCat likes this.
  14. IAmTheJody

Hi Kevin. It's certainly a test of one's faith - and emotional strength. I can't even pretend to know how this particular situation feels and in situations where I have lost loved ones, there's not much anyone could say to me to make me feel any better about losing them - but just knowing someone was there to listen without a doubt helped me cope, along with the passage of time. And we're here to listen. I know you already do, but continue to treasure her. And when that dreaded time comes, continue to honor her. Peace and comfort to you both.

CrustyCat and Sara-s like this.
  15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Is it wrong to be thinking about having Ramen for breakfast tomorrow?

16. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

God bless your wife and you, Kevin. My prayers are with you both.
    Joe

IAmTheJody and CrustyCat like this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Today was a red (green?) letter day for me. I got my very first Social Security payment.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  18. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

That's great. It's taken some wrangling with the SSA, but maybe my wife's disability will be approved.

IAmTheJody and Sara-s like this.
  19. IAmTheJody

Years ago, they denied my mother twice. She sent a letter and medical documentation of her ailments and disability to our Senator at the time and two weeks later she got a call from Social Security informing her that after further review, they decided to approve her.

CrustyCat, richgem and GatorJoe like this.
  20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Quiet day, puttering around the house, enjoying a cup of 68 year old instant coffee.

Why?

America.

IAmTheJody and richgem like this.