How do i Post pictures in PMs ?

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Omelmad, Aug 14, 2015.

1. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

What i can`t figure out, is why the TSD website doesn`t just put that feature on the PM section.

45auto and Robyflexx like this.
  2. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have had problems doing the same thing, I ended up sending pics thru email since it was easier to figure out.

Herm2502 likes this.
  3. Mbg75

Mbg75 Well-Known Member

I am able to do it through Tapatalk. I use the app 98% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

That's what I wanted to know also.

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

The TSD you see on the website is built on a software platform that was written by another company, Xenforo. Adding a feature like that is not an option for the operators of forums, we only get what is deployed in the Xenforo software package.

Tapatalk is a tablet/phone app that allows users to put pix into PMs, but it is reliant upon the app software itself, and is not actually adding any features to TSD's website.

Maybe that helps?

billdog2 and Queen of Blades like this.
  6. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Ta dah!!!

Drop the mic and walk away.

7. billdog2

Thanks, that clears up the whole thing. I just have a digital cell, without access to any Verizon apps (just a phone). I think i can work through e-mails to accomplish what i need to do, to correspond with certain members. Again, Thanks for the info.

Bill

Bama Samurai and Robyflexx like this.
  8. Mbg75

Mbg75 Well-Known Member

Tapatalk app also works on tablet devices, does not have to be a phone.

billdog2 and Robyflexx like this.
  9. billdog2

I don`t have a tablet either, just a phone with blue tooth to my hearing aid to answer calls and a tv- link. I appreciate your concern, but i`ll figure something out if i need to send a photo to a fellow member. Thank you.

Bill

10. billdog2

Do you know anything about flikr on yahoo? I have windows 10 and i think there are other apps for pcs that might work. I will research some more, thanks again for the info.

Bill

11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Yes. Flickr is a photo hosting service, and would provide a website url you could send in your PM. This would allow the recipient of your PM to view the photo you want to share, albeit on a 3rd party website, but it's a solid workaround in your case.

12. billdog2

Thank you Chris..... much appreciated. Best wishes to and yours on Mothers day.

Bill

13. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I use Tapatalk on my phone must of the time. I don't see how to attach a pic. Of course I'm using a Windows phone.

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. billdog2

I`ll be getting a verizon tablet (i think) soon and i`ll get that app. My daughter or grandson will educate me. Thanks for your input.

Bill