How do you keep brush warm?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Pablojoven, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Pablojoven

Pablojoven New Member

Any advice on how to keep brush warm during shaving? Saw those shaving scuttles on line but not sure how well they work and if they're worth the money.

Llyr likes this.
  2. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I have a Robert Becker scuttle, it works very well, I use it whenever I'm bowl lathering, as I tend to face lather a lot.

Llyr likes this.
  3. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

I have a Robert Becker and a Dirty Bird 1.5 that I use when I want warm lather and I'm bowl lathering. When I face lather I have Dirty Bird Travel Scuttle that is perfect for keeping the lathered brush warm. DB also has a scuttle just to keep the lathered brush warm. Straight Razor Designs has a scuttle that is for keeping the brush warm between passes. During the colder weather I really like the warm lather. I tend to put my scuttle away during the hot summer months.

Hope this helps, Good luck and Happy shaving.

Llyr and alpla444 like this.
  4. Pablojoven

Pablojoven New Member

Thanks I think I'll get one. I love the warm lather

Llyr likes this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Llyr and alpla444 like this.
  6. canascrews

canascrews New Member

I found a cheap one at world market for 7 dollars. It's called a gravy warmer . It works pretty good . CAM00062-1.jpg

Llyr and PLANofMAN like this.
  7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Llyr likes this.
  8. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

If you're face lathering Dirty Bird makes a brush scuttle,I even use this in the hot months with ice water,works great.That gravy warmer looks like it will the trick as a brush or regular scuttle.