How Do You Store Your Razors?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by bigwaverazor, Feb 13, 2019.

1. bigwaverazor

bigwaverazor Well-Known Member

I learned this trick from my brother. I went out and bought a wicker basket and used rolled up barber towels to store my razors. Each razor is very well protected. I live in a dry climate of So. California, so I'm not concerned with any humidity in the towels. My brother uses this technique effectively in Seattle, WA. It's my favorite way to store my razors so far. Between the towels are Schick Injectors.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  2. brit

brit in a box

in the habit of getting cased razors or getting cases for the homeless ones.then they are stored in a large tupperware container, always dry, and dust free..

3. bigwaverazor

I keep this basket on a shelf in my shave closet. I have other identical baskets for soaps and aftershaves. I love this method because grabbing for a new razor in my rotation is as easy as can be. For the dust issue, I'll usually lay a towel over the top of the razors.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  4. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Store mine in between my 2 sinks in the bathroom.
    Easy to grab the one I want. [​IMG]

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

mvd, Frijolero, Hembree and 8 others like this.
  5. bigwaverazor

I Like it... very organized. What are the dice for? Do you roll the dice each shave to pick your razor or blade? (he, he)

I just figured it out. You mark the blade usage (shave count) by the number on the dice for each razor???? .... SMART!

6. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I'm not overly organized, but some are in their original containers, others hanging in racks, and some just lying on the shelf.

Kevin

7. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

I found this craft scissor rack...tossed the scissors. Also some old pipe racks.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keithmax, BigMark83, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  8. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

You guy's are making me jealous. :angry017:

AGHisBBS, Jorvaljr and bigwaverazor like this.
  9. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Lol this is a constant topic of discussion with my wife and I. I store them anywhere, everywhere and any which way I can.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

mvd, Keithmax, Primotenore and 10 others like this.
  10. bigwaverazor

Love it... You also appear to have enough razors for a different razor for each day of the month. LoL

Where did you get that rack? Homemade?

11. Jorvaljr

Lol. I have enough razors for a couple of months without duplicating. My wife made the rack. She did it using my table saw, and nail gun. I’m sure she regrets it now..

Frijolero, kfbrady, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

very cool,nice collection.

PatrickA51 and Hembree like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..every razor deserves a good home..

PatrickA51, Hembree and Jorvaljr like this.
  14. bigwaverazor

You got a great wife.... It's Valentine's Day. You better do something wonderful for her!!!! My wife doesn't share the shaving bug BUT loves all things Football. We watch every NFL game possible together and college :)

15. Jorvaljr

That’s awesome. She is really only into 1 sport which is nascar and she even joined a fantasy league. We are going to 3 races this year. She started getting into baseball some and shows interest in the learning about some of the players and news. GOOOO DODGERS!

16. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

How did you manage to stay in the bathroom after you took over all of her space for product?

17. Jorvaljr

Lol luckily we have a large bathroom.... buuuuuut she constantly wants me to move my “stuff” into my potty room which is outside. Originally the idea of me having my own shave den was awesome.. lol but I got tired of having to go outside to go into my shave den. We have a 3rd restroom but the entrance is outside. Lol kind of an outhouse of sorts.

stuartganis, Frijolero, brit and 2 others like this.
  18. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

You can always spot a dad if you see the word "Potty" A mom would call it a Powder room. ;)

Frijolero, brit, PatrickA51 and 2 others like this.
  19. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I picked up some wooden test tube holders on Amazon. They work pretty well for storage and display. I just picked up a third one to display some new acquisitions and another for my favorite writing instruments.

Razors1.jpg Razors2.jpg

Pens.jpg

mvd, Keithmax, Missing Lynx and 12 others like this.
  20. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

This is what I should get. I just store mine on a shelf in my closet. With this holder I’ll still keep them there, but organized and readily accessible.

brit, Frijolero and wristwatchb like this.