How I Avoid Indecision!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by CLEMSON TIGER, Jun 2, 2020.

1. CLEMSON TIGER

CLEMSON TIGER Active Member

So: keep in mind, I was a Parks and Recreation Major- recreation being a forte of mine, such is my world and probably why I married a kindergarten teacher.

Many folks have the weekly / Daily ritual of “menthol Monday”, “Tabac Tuesday”, “Straight Sunday”, or “Lather Scraper Saturday”. Some people when they introduce themselves you end up knowing their routine before knowing them.

Here’s my morning ritual- I make it a game. Every morning, I wake up and it is time to get ready for the day. Before I shower, I must approach the bathroom counter and consult the fates-

upload_2020-6-1_23-39-28.jpeg

I grab the 3 dice out of the scuttle and roll them on the counter.

Red = Razor
    Blue = Brush
    Green = Clean & Ready for Aftershave.

So MY personal collection (if you can call it that) is a very small and humble one compared to many here. I only own 3 straight razors, 3 safety razors, and 5 brushes.

upload_2020-6-1_23-43-38.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-1_23-53-1.jpeg

Brushes from left to right are:

Parker Silvertip, RazoRock Italian Flag Handle synthetic, Omega 10098, Vanderhagen Boar, Semogue 1305.

Razors are Soviet “Yahta” Stainless, Vintage Solingen 1/2” stubby “sport”, West Coast Shaving Carbon Steel 5/8, Gillette SuperSpeed, EJ DL-89, and Merkur 34C.

Here’s how it works:
    upload_2020-6-1_23-49-0.jpeg

Red is my razor- looks like I drew the Gillette SuperSpeed...

Blue is my Brush- looks like it’s the Omega 10098...

Green is Clean and ready for aftershave! Looks like I drew Art of Manliness Sandalwood Balm!
    upload_2020-6-1_23-53-32.jpeg

And that’s how it’s played! That’s how I do it every morning because I refuse to think in the morning- and choosing is thinking and thinking doesn’t happen until coffee happens! I roll the dice- now I have 5 brushes so if I get a blue six, I just reroll. Now if I had 6 straights and 6 safety razors, I would flip a coin before the dice to choose my razor line up.
    upload_2020-6-1_23-55-58.jpeg
    if I had 12 razors or brushes, then two red dice and two blue dice. Pretty simple- pretty fun, if I don’t get the one I’ve been having a hankering to use, it either makes me appreciative of the razor or brush a little more- or I over rule the dice in what I call “divine intervention”, lol! If I draw a boar brush I use a soap- if I draw the synthetic or Silvertip it’s a cream or croap- and IF I wanted I could use a 20-sided die for the soap, but I think that’s the only thing I don’t have a hard time choosing.

But yeah, if you face indecision and tired of the same old routine, this one will change it up for you for sure. When you’re done, dice go back in the scuttle until needed again!
    upload_2020-6-1_23-59-17.jpeg
    random, fun, and it keeps it interesting!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Ron R, twhite, Shaver X and 7 others like this.
  2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Fun!

CLEMSON TIGER likes this.
  3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    No soap?

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Joanna, your question forced me to look inside his Old Spice mug. That's either soap or coffee with very thick cream. This must be investigated.

5. CLEMSON TIGER

Good question- very valid-

you see, I lack a 25-sided die-

But, If I drew the Silvertip, I’d use a croap or cream- boar would be the mug- BUT the use of a die would force me to organize and arrange & ultimately enumerate....THEN a funky die would / could be used...that way it’s ALL up to chance- Yeah- ya sold me....:eatdrink013:

Enrico likes this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have a computer randomizer program if you're interested. PM me.

twhite and CLEMSON TIGER like this.
  7. CLEMSON TIGER

Nah, dice are hands on and more fun- thanks though!

Enrico likes this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

You could get a 30 sided die and then have room to purchase more. :happy088:

:D

CLEMSON TIGER and Droo78 like this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Ever roll the same combo 2 days in a row? Unlikely, but possible.

Enrico and CLEMSON TIGER like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

very cool,i pick stuff by mood for the most part..:)

Ksblazer, Enrico and CLEMSON TIGER like this.
  11. CLEMSON TIGER

I’ve had the same brush and razor two days in a row but not all 3....not yet-

Shaver X, gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
  12. CLEMSON TIGER

I did too but then indecision came sometimes and it’s like being in an ice cream shop with sooooooooo many flavors it’s overwhelming- But when you’re at an ice cream stand in a park there’s maybe 5 tops- and it’s easier to choose- tha is kinda what the dice do

Enrico likes this.
  13. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I have had the same razor, blades, soap and aftershave balm for one year now. There is an easy way to avoid indecision - and get consistently great shaves - only have one razor, blade type, soap and aftershave balm on hand. Just make sure they are good ones.

Sara-s likes this.
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I have always sought help from my friends, Eenie, Meenie, Miney and Moe.

twhite likes this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

For razors I would need one of those ball # bingo rollers baskets :sport026:.

twhite likes this.
  16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Then you can just keep adding numbers every time you get another razor. I think Costco sells blank balls by the gross:)

Ron R likes this.