How long does your wet shave take?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Razor Blade 79, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Razor Blade 79

Razor Blade 79 Well-Known Member

I take an hour to do a 3 pass shave. This includes loading my brush, bowl lathering, and cleaning up my tools afterwards.

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Average? About 20 minutes during the week; 25-30 on weekends. Usually only 2-pass with touch-up. I'm faster with a DE razor than with a straight.

Terry Williams and RetLEO-07 like this.
  3. Lutebro

Lutebro Well-Known Member

I'm with HolyRollah, 30 minutes max but I have two young children! :angry017:

4. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I'm surprised at the times I see reported here and in other threads. I don't think it takes me more than 10 minutes to do a three-pass shave. What on earth are people doing that takes so long?

5. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

its an experience..and a sunday night routine. I will take a good 30-45 minutes after a hot shower. During the week is much faster..maybe only 10-15 min.

6. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I would guess that shower and 3 pass face shave might take 15 minutes. 3 pass head shave takes maybe 10 minutes. Morning face shave before work, without a morning shower might take 10 minutes if I am moving really slowly.

EnglishChannel likes this.
  7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Well, once my curlers come off, a quick spritz of liquid hair net is applied and maybe a dab of 'You're So Pretty™' hair gel; mascara takes time, as does eyeliner. No foundation can be applied until post shave, so no matter how quickly I shave, I'm still waaaay behind! Beauty comes at a price!:love055:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  8. blk05crew

blk05crew Well-Known Member

10 to 15 minutes, one pass with touch ups with a DE.

9. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

My entire grooming ritual, including a shower takes 23 minutes. Yes, I have timed it. 18 minutes longer than I was given in the Service. Naturally, The Marines could do it in 4.

10. Razor Blade 79

Razor Blade 79 Well-Known Member

Any time I DE wet shave I take my time and enjoy it all. I also take time to detail my moustache. I just love working up a good lather in my bowl and really work it on my face to get in between the hairs. My wet shaves are an event lol.

Terry Williams and Kilgore Trout like this.
  11. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Whatever works my friend. Enjoy your shaves!

12. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

If I don't wash my face, slap on goo from a can, and dig an old plastic disposable razor out of the drawer
    I can scrape about 70% of the whiskers off my face in less than 4 minutes.

WTH, are we racing?

:happy096: Razor Blade!

I wash my face before I shave, and enjoy that hot towel before I lather.
    I like my bowl, and I like making my lather just right.
    You know, I paid a chunk for that MWF, and Cella, and Ogallala Bay Rum & Orange soap
    and I'm going to stop and smell it before it goes on my face.
    I take the time to work that lather into my whiskers well, and shave carefully using short strokes.
    I rinse between passes and add a few drops of water to the bowl for my second pass.
    Just because it's a bit slicker and bit more comfortable.
    I'm after a BBS every time, and if I take my time and do things right I usually get it.
    When the time comes that I can't slow down and enjoy my shave, I'll just quit.

13. jpb437

jpb437 Active Member

I take between 25-30 minutes to shower, whip up lather and get a shave in. Sometimes I do 3 passes some times only 2. I wish I had more time to enjoy it more.

Terry Williams likes this.
  14. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

15 minutes, give or take. I enjoy every minute of it!

Bristle Me likes this.
  15. fzrider

fzrider Active Member

If I am just getting ready for work, I usually only take 15-20 minutes for a three pass shave. If I am shaving on the weekend for enjoyment or trying out some new shaving gear, it could be anywhere from 20-45 minutes.

Bristle Me likes this.
  16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

From the time the alarm goes off and my feet hit the floor until I'm heading upstairs to get dressed, about an hour. That includes getting my coffee, shower and shave. The shave itself takes about half an hour. I hate to rush, so I don't. If I don't have time to take my time and enjoy the whole process, I don't have time to shave.

17. Wawmd

Wawmd Member

1. I'm in a hurry single pass hope nobody looks too closely shave: ~6 minutes.
    2. Standard two pass shave: ~10 minutes
    3. Three pass weekend shave with all the fixuns: 20 mins or more.

18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm about a 6 songs on a cd shaver.

19. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

5 min shower, 10 min 2-pass standard shave, but if I go for a 3-pass it's around 15 min. So within 25-30 min, I've showered, shaved and dressed for work. Mind you the first thing I do is have coffee and that takes 15-20 min just to wake up!

Bristle Me likes this.
  20. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I never timed it, but my morning shave takes about 5 minutes.

It doesn't take much time to whip up lather and do 2 quick passes.

EnglishChannel likes this.