How many passes with a cartridge?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Leo K., Dec 19, 2015.

1. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I would only use eBay for NOS twin blade carts. I would only buy the latest products from high street drugstores or national super market chains.

2. jon radin

jon radin Member

Has anyone had a problem with seeming counterfiets from Amazon? It seems only the high price carts would be worth faking. But Sensor and Mach 3 not worth it, does anyone find this is wrong?

3. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

You will find fake Mach3's on Alibaba. If they are sold in mass bulk , I am sure someone can sell them individually on eBay or Amazon....

4. jon radin

jon radin Member

I would think the time and trouble to individually wrap and ship individual 5 and 8 and 10 cartridge packs wouldn't yield enough profit for a larcenous seller and I would probably be wrong!! The oldproverb holds.....Let The Buyer Beware

5. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I think you will find it does, and they do...

6. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

There was a discussion about this a while back. I'm afraid I have no idea where the thread is (it might even be on a different forum), but it was a discussion about fake DE blades. Like you, I was incredulous that a product that was so affordable in its legitimate form would be subject to counterfeiting. I was shown to be wrong when users posted clear photo evidence of counterfeit product. So, if something as affordable as DE blades are subject to counterfeiting, you can imagine what carts give rise to. Actually, you don't have to imagine. This website shows what to look for in the way of counterfeit Fusions, Mach3's and Sensors. After seeing this, I decided only to buy Gillette-brand carts from reliable sellers.

Sabre likes this.
  7. jon radin

jon radin Member

Thank you for the link Jerry-built Hustler. That is a very interesting site. Good information about fakes and what to look for to spot if your Gillette carts are real or not. They estimate 80 % of Gillette carts on Ebay are fake. Even if that estimate is very high, still probably not worth buying any blades there from now on. I spent $22 for 8 Proglide carts and will report back when I get my blades, if they are real or not. But in the future I will certainly look elsewhere. Thanks again.

engrsaks likes this.
  8. jon radin

jon radin Member

Have been alternating the Mach3, Mach3 Turbo and Sensor Excel the past week or so. In order form least irritating and least close to slightly irritating and noticiable closer. it is Excel, Mach3, Turbo. The Sensor is perfect if I don't care about any stubble later in the day or my skin feels a bit abused from weather or yesterday's shave while the two Mach3 versions are a middle compromise between the Sensor's performance and the Proglide Power Flexball. Have not shaved with any long enough to see how long they last.

engrsaks likes this.
  9. jon radin

jon radin Member

Just got my Fusion Proglide Manual Carts from an Ebay seller, they were the last of several hundred he/she listed. From the information on the Counterfeit Products Alerts Site I beleive these are genuine, can't tell for certain till I use them, but they have all the signs this site idnicates the real Gillette carts should have. Feel very lucky and will not be taking a chance on Ebay for carts or blades again. Thanks again Jerry-built Histler for the heads up.

Sabre likes this.
  10. The Wizard

The Wizard Active Member

I find I need exactly the same amount of passes with a cartridge as I do with a DE no matter how many blades it has. Don't know why. Maybe it's just how I shave.

11. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

No more carts for me. On vacation or travel I'll use my newly aquired Schick G1.

MVeeI and Robyflexx like this.
  12. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I just posted the above in the Injector blade thread. I didn't post that I get a better shave with a Mach 3, if you can't add anything positive to a thread why contribute?