How Many Shaves in a Puck of Tabac?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Weeper Warrior, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

That is the question I hope to answer with this thread. I am going to use nothing except my brand new jar of Tabac. I have no idea how long this will take but I really enjoy Tabac so it won't be a chore.

Here the first one to start.

2015-06-14_11.55.47.jpg

P.S. I am also going to find out how many shaves out of the Personna 74. I was lucky enough to find some NOS blades.

2. hrfdez

hrfdez Active Member

I'll be watching!

Douglas Carey and Weeper Warrior like this.
  3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Nice! I've been using my Tabac puck more often than any thing else for a few months, and I think it's fuller than when I started.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    :signs011: Me, too. Don't give up. I have a feeling it will be a lot of shaves.

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    One suggestion from someone who has used the same set up for 30 straight shaves. Weigh the unused jar of Tabac before your first use. Load the brush using the same technique to the best of your ability. Good Luck!

6. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I'm going to guess like a few trillion.

I used Tabac soap for almost 2 years straight, shaving every few days. Its funny really, it seems like it never wears down until you first notice it, then it moves at a measurable pace from there.

Great idea for a thread, btw.

7. Weeper Warrior

Good ideas! But to late to weigh and I don't have reliable scales either. Loading will always be very close to the same with the exception of different knot sizes on my brush. That may be a factor I didn't consider.

Douglas Carey and Billyfergie like this.
  8. Weeper Warrior

I sometimes shave everyday, sometimes don't and may have some delays because of some up coming dental surgery. So it may be a real long time but I just want to know. Thought it might be interesting to someone else also.

Douglas Carey and battle.munky like this.
  9. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Tabac is a big puck. My guess, somewhere around 90 shaves.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  10. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

My guess a gazillion. Like a bad piece of meat, it gets bigger the longer you chew it.:happy097:

11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Generally speaking, about 3 months with daily use…many variables.

12. hrfdez

hrfdez Active Member

I have a feeling will be monitoring this one for quite sometime. I stopped buying creams and soaps because I feel I won't be able to finish what I have in several years.:angry017:

13. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the Tootsie Roll Pop Owl

[​IMG]

14. Weeper Warrior

:happy097:I love the Tabac scent! I never wanted to bite it.:sick007:

15. hrfdez

hrfdez Active Member

:rofl:^^^^^^^^^^

16. Weeper Warrior

That seems to be the consensuses on all the searches I have done. What got me thinking is a guy did some pretty extensive documenting of his shave sticks. He found the was average 60 to 75 uses from a shave stick. You would think that would add up the a lot more than 90 days on a puck as the stick less half the size.

Plus....I know I get well over 200 shave out of a can Barbasol. I like soap way better but all most a year for $1.50 or only three months for $20. Considering I plan to be a broke student within the next couple years. I really want to know how to best stretch my money.

Douglas Carey and Tdmsu like this.
  17. Sly Diabo

Sly Diabo New Member

Around 6 months if you shave everyday

18. Redrock

My SOTD was with Tabac..........marvelous.......love the lather and the scent.:happy093:

19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have the same experience with my MWF.

20. Redrock

Ditto with me for the MWF. Along with Tabac. two of my all-time favorites. For me, very, very similar lathering and lather characteristics...just a different scent. These are two that did not get included in my "Thin the Herd". I could get rid of all of my other soaps and be happy with these two. Sure would make shaving life a lot simpler. :rah:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015