How many wet shaving items do you buy a month?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by jbcohen, Sep 12, 2007.

1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Probably something I would never admit to SWMBO. From August 12th to September 12th, I have purchased two items, for a total of $18.

2. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

None. I’ve tried so many stuff that I now know what is good for me. I should probably trade the products I don’t use anymore in the mall section.

3. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Definitely more than 2 a month. Slowing down though.

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Will most likely pull back a bit once I put together a Super Speed collection. Will probably be buying more after shave, but not until the current bottle is done.

5. Will

Will Nevermind

I spend 50 dollars a pay check.

6. Will

Will Nevermind

Let me know when you make a point. :rolleyes:

7. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

Since the begining of August I just realized I've spent about $100 bucks!:eek: I bought one new shaving soap from Mama Bear's (Awakenings), since I was there I decided to get an ASB that matched the description of the soap. I also bought an Alum Block and an ASB from Em's place. I found a sweet deal two Gillette razors I couldn't pass up because I'd been wanting to try them. Then to finish off, I bought 100 Crystal blades since I like them so much and threw in a 10 pack of Gillette Swedes for good measure.

EDIT: I forgot that includes a new Tub of 1805 and Lucky Tiger AS from Nordstroms.

That sounds pretty bad but I started all of this madness back in January and haven't purchased anything since around February.

Needless to say, I'm done for a while. ::ban

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Point taken. :signs120

9. CatMan

CatMan Member

How many single items? During the past six weeks I bought about 400, about 350 of them being blades. ;)
    The rest you can find following the link "My Armory" in my signature. I did own the CC brush before, but everything else I did buy recently. Well, that was the start-up investment, of course. I don't plan on buying anything more this year.
    BTW, I do use everything I bought. Most items I actually like, and the few I don't care too much for, will get used up. For example, one MB soap I didn't care for was "Leather & Musk". So, I rescued it by adding some Peppermint Oil. Maybe I was a little too generous with the add-on. It used to be Mama Bear's soap, now it's more like Polar Bear soap. Interesting though. I like it.

10. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I think that Mottern Man has the best policy. I like to limit myself so as not to break the family budget.

11. Will

Will Nevermind

I might also add that 50 dollars is a lot easier to slip under the wifes radar than a Simpsons Brush. :rofl

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

I don't really keep track, I should though...I did buy my brother a nice Shavemac brush and some other stuff to get him setup.

13. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

SWMBO tends to equate shavers with tooth brushes. She sees wet shaving gear as comodity items to be purchased when they are needed and thrown out once you are done with them. No hagining on to anything.

14. Padron

Padron Active Member

Soo true, I find Str8 razors blend in easier with the rest of the collection then a new brush does...;)

15. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

For your sake I hope she does not extend the application of this theory to other things!!!!:D

Raf

16. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I already bought a lot of stuff between last month and now. My wife? She knows I won't jeopardize our budget, but I won't deprive myself either.

17. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Sure! Corinne's out there strutting her stuff up and down the runway just so you can buy more shaving goodies! :p

:rofl

18. crackstar

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl yeah!

19. Will

Will Nevermind

Shake it baby!

Papa needs a new straight. :rofl

20. crackstar

and the wife needs a new gold bracelet, and a new sports car! :eek: :eek: