How much and what is it?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by djwurm, Mar 1, 2009.

1. djwurm

djwurm New Member

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yes, I noticed that but the auction going on and on about their family annoyed me to the point that I forgot. Like telling me about their kids in college was going to justify being overpriced by 400-500%

3. djwurm

djwurm New Member

yea but the auction does have a make offer link.

4. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

30 with the case maybe, but I wouldn't buy it, the listing is annoying to read :rofl

yes it is a new, some of them came with a ball ended handle, some came with a fatter, flat ended handle

5. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

I wouldn't offer more then $20.
    It's not like it a rare razor, you can get a nice one for $10.

6. djwurm

djwurm New Member

thanks, exactly what I was looking for. I sent an offer. I bet she comes back and says no.

7. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

To clarify, some came with a ball ended handle. But if you look at the proportions, the ball on that handle is much larger than the one on the tech handle. This handle was more similar to the old style handle and some then have a 1920 patent date on them even though the NEW (which the head is) is basically a 1930's razor (first ones came out in 29). But Bong is correct, some did come this way.

Price wise I wouldn't pay more than $20. And that would be if the handle was in perfect shape and not cracked.

8. djwurm

djwurm New Member

thats the exact price I was thinking when I looked at it, but I know nothing about pricing for these types of gillettes. Seems I know a little moer than I think!

9. djwurm

djwurm New Member

nice info! It is nice when members have this kind of knowledge base.

Appreciate it Etoyoc

10. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

No problem... I have only gained my knowledge base by asking questions like yours and reading many posts.

11. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

With Bob chiming in, that reminds me.............. get a newly plated one from him.
    Then you know what you are getting, he may even give you choice of handles.

You can make a nice case with an altoids can and some foam.

12. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

While we are pointing you to Bob.. He does nice work, I have two of his replated heads. Very Sweet!

13. djwurm

djwurm New Member

seems Bob is sold out of everything!!

14. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Make sure if you buy this ebay listing you don't put the combs up:happy102.

Maybe that is why it is rare.

15. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

I was going to get a replated new head from Bob also, but I just found a british New in case. it's silver finished, not gold so it should polish up nice.

16. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

PM him. his site may not be updated and he may have some heads waiting to be plated or on the way back from plating.

17. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

It's a Windsor set, and the only offer I would make is that the seller sticks it where the sun don't shine just for putting it together wrong.

18. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

you could probably get a double ring set in fair condition for what theyre asking.

19. djwurm

djwurm New Member

The ebay lady counteroffered for 39 dollars.. :sick007

I am about to send her a message that states she has no idea what she has.

20. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

Drop you offer to $15 and tell her to contact you when her auction closes without a sales.