How much and what is it?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by djwurm, Mar 1, 2009.

1. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I actually sent her a message stating that the price and way she put it together tells me that she has no idea what she has. I told her to go to the usual forums and ask how much it is worth, then get back to me as my offer is the highest she will see.

Most likely I will never hear from her again, so I will just get a replated head from you and use my tech handles.

2. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

If the handle is crack free the razor itself should be worth the $20 range. But, considering it has that case which is extremely uncommon and has what does appear to be the original blade case which went with some New sets I would say that $39 is a very reasonable price for a very collectible set.

3. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

It is the Windsor set and is from 1930 and is one of the earliest of the pocket edition sets. Very nice. It is obviously not quite as nice as Achim's here, but it is still a nice collectible set.

[​IMG]

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Razor and Brush will sell you the same thing at $34, without the case or blades or if you are willing to put up with a plastic handle razor and brush will get it for you at $7.50, again without the case and blades.

5. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Check the classifieds. MTgrayling has some user razors up for grabs at decent prices.

6. djwurm

djwurm New Member

yea I saw that..

I am going to get a replated head from Bob and just use a tech handle till I find a really good New handle with the head in bad shape.

7. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Funny, I don't remember that echo before. :rolleyes:

Here is mine that I paid about $25 for:

8. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Member

I think I just bought a razor almost exactly like this yesterday.
    At least it looks the same. Well my is in much worst condition.
    Somehow it lost a tooth and the plating is not that great.
    But it was still not a bad way to spend $6, I think.

What is the best way to clean it up?
    I have polish pads and compound that came with my dremmel, but I don't know if that would be too abrasive. I don't want to take off an more of the platting.

The barrel says Pat.Jan. 13,5926 then under that it says, other pattens pending.

So is this a NEW? I am going to try and post some pics later.

9. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

You can also buy a regular NEW handle from Bob for $6. He may even have a nice re-plated one that isn't pictured. But that would cost more.

10. djwurm

djwurm New Member

11. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

She really should ditch the family blog, nobody cares and the family picture with the red Christmas sweaters makes me want to Ralph.
    Who do they think they are, the Weasleys?

12. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I know it makes me want to gag...

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have a blade box that looks a lot like that... were they used in a lot of the Gillette sets?

14. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

That blade box was used in several different Gillette New sets.

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks Guido.. that is what I needed to know.

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I picked it up for 19.99 after it was re listed. We will see how it looks when it comes in.:rolleyes:

17. djwurm

djwurm New Member

well.. seems my offer of 20.00 was not good enough but she relisted it to sell at 19.99, :(

ohh well, I could have bid on it again but I was done with her stupidity and her retarded family pictures and story.

18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

oh I actually thought you offered 15. Did not mean to take it for what you offered. The family stuff was silly.. but I have OCAD these days.

19. djwurm

djwurm New Member

no its ok, its her fault for not taking the 20. Then its my fault for not bidding on it again. you won it fair and square since she decided she would rather relist it than sell it from her make offer listing she had initially.

20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I do not think she is all there either.:D