"How to Develop a Manly Voice", AoM

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, Oct 7, 2015.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Lucky for me, I have a voice for radio (and a face for hieroglyphics).

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    PLANofMAN, Hembree, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I read news and sports reports for my college radio station. I did't have time to think about my voice-I just read what was on the wires :).

Hembree likes this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Poking around in the archives and found this gem.

Oh no!

377160_screenshots_2016-02-02_00001.jpg

I was never really impressed with my voice, though I was often asked to do the announcements at work. Now after many misspent years of smoking cigarettes and cigars (I quite a year and a half ago); I have a voice like James Earl Jones. Whiskey and rum didn't hurt none either. ;)

:eatdrink013:

BigMark83, PanChango, brit and 2 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Congratulations for quitting the c's. My sister, after having not smoked since her early 20's picked it right back up again the year after marrying her cigarette-smoking husband. My voice is a little on the falsetto side, but if I tried to make those "oooooh" sounds like the early Beach Boys, it'd clear out the room.

Enrico, brit and Frijolero like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Spend 32 years projecting without a microphone. Trust me; that will deepen your voice. I was a soprano when I finished college. I am now a (far more pleasing) alto.

Enrico and brit like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Thank you ..... I quit the enjoyable way. Smoke 15 - 20 dollar cigars for a couple months then decide you want to save money. After that no cheap cigar tasted good, so I quit. I figure it'll have to be a real special occasion to smoke .... treat it like expensive cheese cake ... not often at all.

BigMark83 and brit like this.
  7. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Or really good beer :eatdrink047:.

brit and Enrico like this.