How to insert or name a link in paragraph

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by BabyBottomSmooth, Aug 19, 2011.

1. A lot of posts on almost every board I visit; the author inserts a link to something. Commonly seen as look "Here", with the "here" being the link.

Is this simple to do? Anyone know of a good tutorial?

While you are here; anyone know of a basic, simple, photo resize and edit program online? An idiot proof, cave man IQ, Photoshop type download for the severely challenged?

Shave on!
    John

2. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

IAmTheJody likes this.
  3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Yes, you have to type the word you want linked, then drag your mouse over the word to highlight it, then you'll see the link images (chains) become active. Then click the link button and a pop-up will come up for you to enter the web address you want to link that word to.

4. Simple enough. Thanks for the time and the help.

5. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Well John it seems they have answered your link question above so I'll toss out a couple of suggestions about the basic photo editor.

If you want to do your editing online in a browser window, where you upload your picture, edit it online then save it back to your computer, I've had good luck with Picnik.

As far as a downloadable editing program I use Google Picasa, which can also be used to upload and store your pictures to a free web album that you can link to the pictures you upload for posting online.

Both of these suggestions are just for basic photo editing, if you want to go with a more powerful editing software there is always Gimp, which is free to download and use.

BTW, love your avatar John, every time I watch that commercial I have to chuckle.

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I will add that if you are running Windows, the free Microsoft Picture Resizer will re-size your photos with a right mouse click. Any post you see where I have uploaded a photo, it was re-sized with the MS Pic Re-size or its clone, usually to 800x600.

Here are the links that I have specifically used and have had no issues with viruses or the like:

Windows 7 MS Clone

Windows Xp Re-sizer

Dridecker likes this.
  7. Thanks again guys. Thanks for the simple, easy to follow and understand tutoring. I learn best that way.

8. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Thanks for the info Jeff! :happy088:

I've used a program called Fotosizer for years, it has a batch re-size option that I use quite often, but being able to do the same thing from Windows Explorer for single pics will be extremely handy.

stingraysrock likes this.