How's your day? April 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:happy102: :eatdrink047:

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Nobody was hurt, good thing it was new construction. I saw it on the news shortly after waking up at 4:00. they said the raid is going to be closed for about 5 hours or longer. They had to get 15 fire trucks to get it under control. It seems like they are going to have to start almost completely over. Looks like the remainder of our part in the job will be put on hold for a long time.

Bama Samurai and Sara-s like this.
  3. RetLEO-07

Helluva a way to get a day off.

Bama Samurai and Paul76 like this.
  4. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

IMG_0117.JPG IMG_0116.JPG Here's pics of how I got a day off yesterday. But had some time to work on a few projects. One razor and started drawing up plans on a diy 7 day box.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Another day closer!!! WOO-HOO!!!!

RaZorBurn123 and Paul76 like this.
  6. RetLEO-07

Ouch!

Paul76 likes this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I though the hubby was going to have to work overtime, but plans changed, so he was able to go for a shoot with me & then cook dinner together. So we had a nice time, despite the fact that my shooting was lousy today. Now I am visiting with you folks while some art is drying.
    I paint Chinese-style watercolors, which are done on thin rice paper. The paper, of course, gets kind of wrinkly. The final step is to smooth it out & mount it onto thicker paper (I use mulberry paper.) So I mounted a painting of some gladiolas tonight & now the glue has to dry.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    RaZorBurn123, Intrigued and Erik Redd like this.
  8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I can see the family resemblance.

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It's a warm day, so i was out repotting some more trees. While I was out, a neighbor, who was walking her dogs, stopped to admire my trees. We struck up a conversation, which led to her asking for my help with her bonsai ficus (the one bonsai she owns.). So I invited her to bring it over, and we repotted it too, as it desperately needed it.

The results were a successful repot and the beginning of a new friendship.

10. RetLEO-07

72 and gorgeous here at Exit 8A on the Jersey Pike. Relieving the front booth for lunch. Got my sleeves rolled up and catching some rays.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

77 degrees here. I finished the repotting and got my granny trike up & running. (I cleaned & oiled the chain and put air in the tires.). Then I went for a short ride. I haven't been able to ride in close to 2 years so once around the block and I'm beat, but pleased.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    AGHisBBS, RaZorBurn123 and Intrigued like this.
  12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Yesterday I had the honor of watching two of my grandkids, kids say the funniest things.
    My 4 year old grandson wants to move in, the only problem with that is he eats more than I do. :eatdrink020:

Sara-s likes this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

So tell us the funny things they said, please.

swarden43 likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

A busy day of medical appointments for my Mom (2 actually, but lots to ponder after each)ended with the sad news that a dear family friend lost her battle with cancer. She and my mom had been friends since college. As for myself, I got a nice haircut at the barberette shop and put away most of my sweaters to make room for warm-weather upperwear. I don't think the cold weather has escaped us altogether, but I don't see the need for sweaters until next fall.

15. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Most of my camera gear has been sold off. I'm making the jump from Nikon to Olympus. I just have the body and kit lens left to sell; if it doesn't sell by the time I head to the mall, I'm gonna see what they give for trade-in value. I'm decided on getting the Olympus em10 mark ii. It's smaller than what I'm used to, and feels really odd due to the old metal n plastic 35mm style, but is a powerhouse in a small package..... and I absolutely love the dials to change manual settings on it.

In addition to the camera, I'll also be getting a 14mm 2.5 (Panasonic) pancake lens from eBay for my Astro shots.

That's the plan anyway...

Aside from that, recovery is coming along faster than I can honestly handle/process it. It's a bit overwhelming at times TBH, like today I woke up laying on my surgery side and it freaked me out for some reason. Anyway, things are going pretty well. Other than the constant snow...I can't really complain about anything.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

16. RetLEO-07

Glad to hear things are going well. Have fun with the new pitcher taker!

lradke likes this.
  17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Luke's is definitely enjoying his new toys. He's working on a calendar fundraiser right now for Penguinator Research Labs.:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Altho, I do question some of the work he's taken on. But, I guess it pays the bills.

[​IMG]

Intrigued, Erik Redd and lradke like this.
  19. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

You get a premium for weirdness.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Intrigued and richgem like this.
  20. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

In every pic the lady is probably telling the penguin "Hey! My eyes are up here!"

richgem likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.